Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The LuLac Edition #312, Sept. 26th, 2007









PHOTO INDEX: LACKAWANNA COUNTY COMMISSIONER A.J. MUNCHAK AND LUZERNE COUNTY JUDGE ANNE LOKUTA.


A.J. SPEAKS


The Republican candidates for Lackawanna County Commissioners have TV spots running on the airwaves. And interestingly enough, one of the ads features A.J. Munchak on the voiceover. Munchak has been accused here and other places of being Bob Cordaro's Charlue McCarthy. But the commentary is crisp, clean and effective.


LOKUTA: DAY 3


Judge Ann Lokuta caused security concerns in court by directing deputy sheriffs where to stand and when to take prisoners out of court, a deputy sheriff testified.
Deputy Sheriff Anna Torres said Lokuta would sometimes move deputies away from where prisoners were stationed to stand on the other side of the courtroom. That, Torres said, made a lot of people, including the judge, vulnerable to an attack.


REACTION



If this is true, then this can be a safety issue. Lokuta’s style might have caused the security concern, given the undermanned staff and the sometimes overpowering strength of criminals. Can’t argue with this one unless there is conflicting testimony. Safety first.


J.R. RETURNS ON PCN


One of my favorite political geek shows returns on PCN THursday Night, Journalists Roundtable with the personality challenged host Bill Bova.
Here are the details for Thursday night:
9:00 PM
Journalists Roundtable
Tom Barnes, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
R.B. Swift, Times-Shamrock
Dave Pidgeon, Lancaster Intelligencer Journal

2 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy. Are you in the tank for Judge Annie!!! You got some kind of deal going with her? Why would you defend such a crazy? There has to be something in it for you! And she ain't tall and redheaded so that can't be it!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

The last time I saw Anne Lokuta in person was 1980. See LuLac Edition #101, November 29th of 2006. The last time I wrote about her was 1-26-07, LuLac Edition #140. I have no vested interest in her career, never been before her in a legal or civil matter, never was involved in her campaigns. The reason why I am defending Anne "****ing" Lokuta as someone very close to me calls her is because I believe there are issues of fairness, honor and accountability. Fairness: it just seems like all the cool rich kids are ganging up on the poor Polish girl from Dupont. If she were someone from the Back Mt. or the wife of a local Attorney, would she be investigated or called "flighty". Again, I think the "class" system here in Wyoming Valley is rearing its ugly head. Honor: I've worked for some pretty horrendous people in my time. I stayed in jobs too long. They were assholes. I knew it but I stayed for the money or for fear no one would hire me. Staying was my fault. Call me old school, but you don't whine and moan about an old boss. You just move on. Accountability: With all the supposed problems under the dome, why this, why now? If she had sacks full of money in her Chambers, nail her. But there are bigger problems with the Judges and the Courthouse Leadership (where's the budget projections, "oooo, oooo I broke my ankle, I can't write") than whether Anne Lokuta pouts, yells, mistreats her employees (who I point out, like me, stayed) or doesn't comb her hair. It is an orchestrated attack, either designed to hide something else or just a way for the bullies to gang up on a poor kid who clawed her way to the top. There are more people like her than the ones who are attacking her. That's the reason. The only one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home