Thursday, November 27, 2008

The LuLac Edition #652, Nov. 27th, 2008


PHOTO INDEX: A REPRESENTATION OF THE FIRST THANKSGIVING WHERE THINGS WERE A LTTLE MORE UNCOMPLICATED.


THANKSGIVING 2008


Happy Thanksgiving to all of the readers and participants of this site. I have appreciated your insight, goodwill, criticism and thoughts. By your involvement, you make this project of mine better every day.
I am most thankful on a personal basis to my family, my co-workers, my medical professionals (without them this might have been one of those blogs that was shut down) as well as all of those interesting politicos that make blogging so much fun.
I give thanks to the fact that I live in a country that allows free speech. I give thanks to a governmental system, though flawed is still, after 220 plus years, a work in progress. I am most thankful for my fellow citizens who wake up every day and do the right thing in the face of tremendous odds from greedy big business, stumbling government and self serving institutions that have lost touch with the people they are supposed to serve. We need to work on giving the people who do the right thing a break. Plus there is a need to go after those who take advantage of our resources through greed, justification of their dubious methods and lack of concern for the many. Americans nationally and here at home have to speak up and fight for their survival by keeping an eye on those who champion the few at the expense of the many. I am thankful and confident that the abuses of the past will be addressed by next Thanksgiving. Then we can truly be thankful for our progress.
Sit down, enjoy your meal of choice today whether it be turkey, rigatoni (my Italian friends say it’s not just Thanksgiving without it!) and the vegetarians with their scallops and lobster. Watch some football, take a walk, talk to an older relative about their early life, grab a nap and dream about tall red haired actresses or actors, and then end it all with a drink at the end of the day. Then after the weekend of thanks is over, let’s get to work keeping an eye on those who have screwed us and vow to never let it happen again. If we see results, then we will be more thankful in 2009 than we are today.
Happy Thanksgiving! And stay alert.

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY Thanksgiving!

Good reading Dave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home