Friday, September 02, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1739, September 2nd, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

MAYBE I'M AMAZED……………that a guy like John Wishinski won a big lottery prize last week. Usually you see people win who have more than enough. This guy and his wife were living a decent but not spectacular material life. He changed his routine, bought a ticket and boom, he won a big amount of money. But in a story from the Times Leader, he told the reporter he wasn’t going to get a new car because he likes his one year old Ford Focus just fine thank you because it gets good gas mileage. A guy after my own heart!
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that while my buddy L.A. Tarone was taking a vacation away from WYLN TV 35, I heard him subbing for Sue Henry on WILK Radio. With Rob Nyehard back in school I guess L.A. went above and beyond the call of duty Thursday.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….at how pathetic the South was in the 1960s regarding race. I went to see a movie in a theatre (rare for me with Ms. LuLac) and we saw “The Help”. The blatant ignorance of the southern people at that time was appalling. There’s a reason people from the south are portrayed as dumber and more ignorant than most. If you are a thinking person, see this movie. You’ll be outraged at how “Christian” these people were to blacks back then.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that in just one week the NFL starts with my Packers opening up the season. It is tough to repeat but all of their hurt guys are coming back.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….at the lack of interest in the John Perzel plea proceedings. This guy as Speaker of the House was at the center of every significant legislative deal in the Commonwealth. Pay raise, gambling, all of that stuff. If he did make some deals that were not quite kosher, I’m sure there are people just a little bit nervous right now.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that an afternoon baseball game on TV toward the end of summer is just as enjoyable to me at least as a World Series game. Love the strategies of the game. Even though it is sometimes time consuming.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the term “rookie” comes from a Civil War term “reckie” which was short for recruit.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that three years into his administration President Obama is making rookie mistakes like scheduling a speech when the opposition party was otherwise occupied. Worse yet though is the way Obama once again caved and made his Presidency, check that, the Presidency diminish in its value to this country. I can’t imagine Harry Truman or Lyndon Johnson budging on this issue. It’s almost like John Boehner is the President while Obama is the understudy. The Presidency as an institution is being insulted. This has never happened in our history where the President was refused a date with the joint session of Congress. Even Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton immersed in scandals were not turned down. If it were me, I’d rent a hall someplace and give my speech anyway and in the process tell the GOP in the House to bite me. But you see, I’m different than the President, I still have a set on me, apparently his were stolen.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that I am actually being drawn to the Dick Cheney bio. Say what you want about Cheney he redefined the role of the Vice President. Plus his differences with George W are pretty fascinating. Also you have to give him props for his health battles he has faced head on.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that still in America, when you want to buy something, American business will put a red flag in front of you. I was trying to buy some software from a company “AnyBizSoft” to change PDF files into WORD docs. After one afternoon I gave up because their set up and web presence was so prohibitive and downright stupid that I just gave up on them. I can lose thousands of dollars gambling, buying movies, lottery games and other crap easier than it is to get a simple piece of their sorry ass software. But again, that’s why we as a country are struggling because some businesses makes it so hard for you to spend your money.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that there hasn’t been any effort whatsoever by the Muscular Dystrophy people to come to an agreement with Jerry Lewis regarding his role in the telethon. I can’t imagine they would think he’d hurt them more than help them.


11 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama lost his "set" when he married his Amazonian, strong-willed, intelligent and stunning wife. Obviously she is the one with the set in that family.
I always find it so amusing when they stand next to one another, you can just tell who the alpha is.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Pope George Ringo said...

I asked you last month what you thought Obama's reelection chances were, you did not give a resounding yes or no, and I understood.
Now I need not ask the question. Once I saw the newsflash that Obama caved to Boehner once again, capped with this morning's no growth on August jobs, the question is not will Obama lose but how big he will lose.
The only remaining question now is who the GOP will nominate for the position.
MY hopes are so dashed in Obama that I'm kind of praying the Christie decides to run...given a choice between he and Romney or Perry its the lesser of three evils.
Bless YOU.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never lived in the South, I did. We are more racially backward
here in my opinion. Most experts on the South never spent more than
a little time there. A telling sign is when they say, "there still fighting the Civil War down South". Just ignorance.
Obama is acting as if Tan Man from Ohio is the President and he doesnt even run his own party.
And I dont hafta give Dickless Cheney credit for anything and wont!Without Haliburton money and good health care he'd be dead!
Jerry Lewis pissed in somebodies Cheerios thats for sure.
Keep up the good work. I enjoy Lulac regularly.

JP

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The MD people could have had their best year ever if they had used Jerry Lewis the way hhe would have been wanted to be used but NOPE, they decided to not use him at all. I've already heard people say they won't give a dime this year. I was asked to help "bail out" a friend who volunteredfor the annual lock up, a few minutes latter, another frend who was there for the conversation said he wouldn't spend a dollar to bail him out because of how they inuslted Jerry Lewis. Hate to say it because it is a very worthy cause but I have a bit of the same feeling. I'm honestly not sure what I will or will not do.

Obama was absolutely stupid to schedule his speach the same night as the Republican debate, even MSNBC said they will be covering the debate. Then his dumbness rescheduled to coflict with the opening NFL game. The final stupid move being to back off and accept the Republican alternative date. No Ballz Obama should have done as you suggested ...... give the damn speach and make it a point that politics are more important to the Republicans than creating jobs. They are not going to give him ne once of support anyeay so why does Mr Dumb cntinue to bark up their tree? I'm really getting sick of his vace in attitude.

Now for Cheney ..... if you buy his friggin book and put one dollar on his gsreedy table then shame on you. It should be obvious that you won't read one word of truth so why give him a payday to read history as told by Cheney? You should know better.

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I amazed you went to a movie and believed it was more than someone's interpretation of a story!!!!

It's make-$&!?@&-/-believe Dave!!!

Sheesh. And NOW you have a stereotype ingrained in you brain.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
I asked you last month what you thought Obama's reelection chances were, you did not give a resounding yes or no, and I understood.
SORRY THAT ONE GOT BY ME. I THINK HE IS IN REAL TRPUBLE IF YOU LOOK AT THE ELECTORAL MAP. THE WESTERN STATES HE CARRIED ARE ONLY A GOOD MEMORY. IF HE DOES WIN, IT'LL BE LIKE WILSON'S RAZOR THIN WIN OVER CHARLES EVANS HUGHES IN 1916 OR BUSH 43'S VICTORY OVER JOHN KERRY IN '04. I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL BE WORSE, HIM LOSING AND SCREWING UP THE MANDATE HE GOT IN '08 OR HIM WINNING BY A HAIR. IT WILL BE ANOTHER 4 YEARS OF DO NOTHING GOVERNMENT.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never much cared for Jerry Lewis or thought he was funny, but I have long admired him for his commitment to the fight against MD. What a dumb ass way this was to dismiss him. No class. Just send the money, folks. Bad bad way to do business. How about a report on progress regarding this disease?
How about a first class send off for the man who singlehandedly raised millions?!This one goes down with the new Coke if you ask me and I bet fundraising is affected if only a little bit. Any organization that screws up this badly is screwing up in other areas too.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2:42 makes a good point. An outfit that can mishandle the Lewis fiasco this much is most likely screwing up in other areas. Perhaps its time to take a closer look at the financial reports and the top brass where millions of dollars are involved. MD research is truly a great cause and Jerry Lewis was a great Crusader. His departure deserved dignity whatever his transgressions may or may not have been.

 
At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The major transsgsression of Jerry Lewis was that he got old and sickly. Fug um people! They can't be this stupid and run such a large organization. I agree 100% that an nvestigation is in order.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave: Good software people and engineers are worth their weight in gold. Trouble is a lot of Co's don't want to pay the wages for the bright people or they have one bright chief engineer and the rest are just so so. One Co I worked for had a lady working in the drawing room. The Co had thousands of parts and drawings for each part and her job was to file and distribute the drawings. When one engineer quit they offered her a job as an engineer! The guys in the shop didn't mind to much as she was one HOT babe.
When we had to talk with her about a part and a drawing we didn't mind at all. But as a rookie engineer she made a lot of rookie mistakes as we all would.
When I retired from the Co I told her I will miss her exiting drawings. She said, "did they amuse you"? They sure did.

Take Care, Joe B.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Pope George Ringo said...

i DON'T KNOW HOW ANYONE CAN SAY THAT JERRY LEWIS ISN'T FUNNY....CHECK OUT THE OLD MARTIN AND LEWIS FILMS.
SORRY FOR THE CAPS,,,IM IN AHURRY.
GOD BLESS YOU JERRY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home