Friday, July 27, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2139, July 27th, 2012

"Maybe I'm Amazed" logo. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……...that Mitt Romney’s campaign wasn’t even on the London soil when word came out that one of the candidate's staff members said the President didn’t understand the Anglo Saxon tradition of the two nations. I am waiting for an authentic statement from this man or his staff. Can you imagine if the GOP had a nominee that could actually articulate some type of conversation. Not to be crass here but did Mitt Romney ever pass gas in his life? If Romney thinks the President, a son of a single mother and Harvard grad didn’t see the notion of that tradition in passing through life, then I’m wondering what type of fuel he is running on. And I don’t even want to get into how he wondered if Britain could handle the Olympic games without a mistake or his multi million dollar fundraiser with employees of Barclays, a financial institution that lost billions for American investors. Where the hell is his staff? 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that the vaunted camera system in Wilkes Barre couldn’t catch a hit and run driver in the middle of the night on Hazle Street to see who ran over an innocent victim. I’m sure the Police are busting their butts on this but the cameras need to pick up trouble in the neighborhoods, not just the downtown. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that there has not yet been a statement from the office of the Wilkes Barre City Controller on the gas problems at the DPW garage. I always thought the Controller was supposed to sign off on all city bills. But I’m sure the new Controller Kathy Kane will do the same bang up job she did as County Chairwoman of the Democratic party. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that Scranton residents seems to be breathing easy now that there is a short term fix to the pay crisis. Guys, this is not the end. Someone has to make the move to step up and get this thing fixed. Or Scranton is going to continue to do a backslide. All the references to the late Jason Miller and the fading TV Comedy “The Office” aren’t going to save the day. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………but glad that Cole Hamels has decided to resign with the Phillies. It is refreshing to see a player stay with the team that brung him to the proverbial dance. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….at the unexpected spike in sales of my book “A Radio Story”/We Wish You Well In Your Future Endeavors”. Either someone needed a lot of kindle for firewood or this tome is being passed out to Communications majors telling them, “Don’t go into sales”. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that whenever a large tragedy occurs, people seem to feel the need to have a candlelight vigil. I get that people are sad and want to express their grief and come together as a community but sometimes it gets to be a bit much. I just wonder sometimes how many go because they care and how many people go because they just want to be seen. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that callers to talk shows are actually defending assault weapons. This afternoon I heard one numb skull tell Steve Corbett that “people use those weapons for sport on weekends” and that multiple magazines shouldn’t be banned. How would you like to have that guy as your next door neighbor. “Hey Clyde, what’ya doin’ this weekend?” “Oh nuthin, just gonna decimate me a two or three trees in the backyard!” As a friend of mine is fond of saying, “You can’t fix stupid!” 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that the “Godfather” movie actually made the History Channel. This week the TV outlet did a two hour special on the movie trilogy. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..at the islands I see when going over the 8th Street Bridge and the Pierce Street Bridge. This was in stark contrast to last September when the floods came. Equally and sadly amazing is the lack of progress some people seem to be making in getting government help. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..and still speaking of floods, that the “Agnes Movie” project fizzled. It was too bad not enough money was raised to get that thing in the theatres for the 40th anniversary of the great flood. My fear is that in the future there will be no interest of some younger people in their twenties and thirties who have little regard for their own history, let alone something older than they are. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that one of the great bars of Scranton, Farley’s is closing. Farley’s was the place to be on St. Patrick’s Day and served one great cheeseburger. With Whistles going out of business a few years ago, Tink’s not being what it used to be and now Farley’s, one must hunt for something fun to do in Scranton. Well at least there is still Pizza By Pappas and Krispy Kreme! 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that even Dick Cheney has said he would support a ban on assault weapons and sees no good reason to have them. If Dick Cheney could get behind something like this, why can’t Romney. Is the Republican party so fractured and doctrinaire that it is even to the right of Dick “freaking” Cheney??? 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………but not so much that the best hoagie I have had in a long time comes from Primo’s in Edwardsville. I had to eat the thing in stages because I’m cutting down my processed foods intake but God was that delicious.

8 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm amazed there is no call for knife-control http://www.abc4.com/content/about_4/bios/story/conceal-and-carry-stabbing-salt-lake-city-smiths/NDNrL1gxeE2rsRhrWCM9dQ.cspx

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dick Cheney to the left of the GOP. Who da thunk it!!!!

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with you dave- Primo's is much better then Wegmans, who I think is downgrading the quality to save money. Primo's have great things to choose from and a great roll. Sabetelle's in Pittston has great fillings too, but their own baked rolls are lacking....

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is Primo's in Kingston? What kind of hoagie did you have?

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Pope George Ringo said...

ROmney is a real twit. He goes to England and insults the people there with his dumb Olympics remarks. Could you imagine what FOX news would have done if Obama did that four years ago???
Bill O'Reilly would be saying crap like "Obama has no qualifiactions to lead..." and on and on. God knows what that dumbell Hannity would say.
Fact is, they would be right, if that had happened with Obama.
But, alas, it happened with Romney. ANd I can say that Willard Mitt Romney is NOT qualifieed to be President of these United States. Period!!!
Obama is assured re-election and the media knows it. They just won't admit it because it takes away their "show" for the next few months.
Case Closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P>S> thanks Prof.!
Double P.S> P.S. Mitt Romney is a dumbbell who was born in Mexico and isn't qualified constitutionally to be President. Which is why he wont show us his taxes OR his birth certificate.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Where is Primo's in Kingston? What kind of hoagie did you have?
ACTUALLY ITS EDWARDSVILLE. IT IS IN THE PRICE CHOPPER CENTER THERE BUT YOU'LL FIND IT EASIER IF YOU GO INTO THE ENTRANCE BY OLLIE'S. GO STRAIGHT UNTIL YOU HIT A STOP SIGN IN THE SHOPPING PLAZA. LOOK TO YOUR LEFT AND IT IS THE SECOND STORE IN THE BLOCK. I HAD THE SHARP ITALIAN A FEW WEEKS AGO AND THE OTHER DAY I HAD A 6 INCH SOPPRESATA AND PROVOLONE. BOTH WERE GOOD BUT IF YOU HAD WHAT I HAD, (IN TERMS OF HEALTH) YOU CAN'T HAVE THEM EVERY WEEK. THERE ARE 3 SIZES, THE 6 INCH, THE PRIMO WHICH IS THE 12 INCH AND THE BIG ONE. MY FRIEND YANKEE FRANK ORDERED THAT ONE AND IT WAS 18 BUCKS. LUCKILY WE CAUGHT IT IN TIME AND HAD THE ORDER CHANGED BECAUSE THAT WAS A PARTY SUB.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Primo's is much better then Wegmans, who I think is downgrading the quality to save money
I DON'T KNOW IF I AGREE WITH THAT. NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH WEGMANS AND YOU TEND TO HEAR THAT ABOUT PLACES THAT HAVE BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME.

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta give Wegman's two thumbs up on their hoadies. I enjoy the Wegmans Combo or Spcial, what ever the heck they call it and when I am a little hungrier than usual, I get extra meat .... that's most of the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home