Friday, August 24, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2170, August 24th, 2012

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I'M AMAZED


MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that when people rail against gun control, they need to understand that America loves its guns. And I’m okay with that except for the multiple magazine machines. But gun dealers have a tough time deciding who should get a gun and who should not. Plus the ATF is hard pressed to police the more than 57,000 licensed gun dealers. Just twenty five field divisions, one for every two states look after the licensees. Inspectors are supposed to go into stores every three years but with a small force that is next to impossible. Guns in America are big business but there has to be a way to keep some nuts from getting them. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………..that San Francisco Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera was busted for a foreign substance in his system. When will these guys ever learn? And here’s something to consider in the wake of the washing away of wins from Penn State Coach Joe Paterno. Cabrera was the MVP of the 2012 All Star Game. The National League got home field advantage because of the win and Melky’s exploits. Would it be unreasonable to ask that the reward from the win be forfeited and have home field advantage awarded to the American League? 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that on Cable TV is a program called “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo”. When I was a kid in Catholic school, the nuns always told us that all of God’s children are beautiful. Uh……….not this one. The show is a celebration of ignorance in America. To give you an idea of how bad it is, (and I only saw a snippet of it while Mrs. LuLac was surfing the channels, she was tempted to stay and watch but I threatened to go and find some Angela Stone DVDs) there are subtitles in the program. Not for the hearing impaired, not because they speak a foreign language. Their English is so undiscernable that you need to get a translation.
My typewriter from high school (snazzy color, huh?) that traveled with me to Washington, D.C. in the summer of 1972 and then wrote many a term paper at King’s College. Maybe the good Mayor might want to take a look at this and add it to the Police Force. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that the New York City Police Department spent a million bucks on typewriters. More amazing is the fact that they found a place where you could get a million bucks of typewriters! 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that if you want to win at Carnival games and fairs, you have to strategies. If you want to knock over milk bottles, aim for the bottom. If you hit those, chances are the entire display will fall. The lower bottles are almost always weighted down. When trying to score a price by throwing a dart at the balloon, don’t aim straight. The darts for the most part have dull points and will not burst the balloon. But if you arc the dart and let it fall, you’ll have a better chance of having the dart hit the balloon on the way down. With the added speed coming down, you might burst the balloon. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that 57% of seniors have not had their teeth professional cleaned in the last 6 months. This could be a medical risk because gum disease can lead to more pronounced cases of heart disease. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that between the time a child is born and they turn 18, parents and grand parents have a total of 940 Saturdays with their child. When you think of that number, it makes you more certain than ever that you want to make every minute count. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that as the summer is drawing to a close (and how gloriously hot it was!) there are only about 70 days left to the 2012 Presidential Election. After the Conventions, the campaigning will begin in earnest. The debates will be the turning point in the race and then as November approaches, we shall see what we shall see. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that people sometimes don’t seem to see a correlation between crime and the cutting of social service spending in the state. Look, we all there are going to be out of town dirt bags invading our area but people who are drug addicts and not getting help because of these cuts are going to try and get their money for a fix somewhere. It cracks me up that some people fought the methadone clinics because “it would ruin their neighborhood”. Got news for you closed minded fools, by not having them, you’ll ruin your city.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that in Scranton, a pregnant woman was arrested dealing heroin with three other kids at home. Most likely she was on welfare with an Access card and getting three checks a month for those kids. See even as a social liberal, my idea is to have welfare for people to bring themselves up. What to do with this trash? Put the kids up for adoption, send her ass to jail, strip away any benefits she was getting and sew her up so she won’t be birthing any more babies. Then track down all of the fathers and make them visit her in jail on Mother’s Day. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that there are no Statewide Democrats lining up to try and take a shot at Governor Corbett in the 2014 Governor’s race. The Gov has very low popularity and doesn’t seem to have the penchant for trying to make it better. I’m surprised I haven’t heard of anyone trying to test the waters so far. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…………that the word "druthers” actually came into vogue in the 1880s. It means “choice” or “one’s own way”, it is also a continuation and alternative of “would rather”. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that there are 5 living Vice Presidents (Walter Mondale, George H.W. Bush, Dan Quayle, Al Gore, and Dick Cheney) still kicking. There are 4 living former Presidents, (Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush) alive as of this day. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that the Plymouth Kielbasi Festival is celebrating year number 9. Plymouth really brings out the best and struts its stuff as small town America. And one of these days those folks should come to their senses and ask me to judge the best kielbasi in that contest they have. Ask anyone and they’ll tell you I’m an expert.

16 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, your ignorance and buffoonery astound me. No statewide Democrats taking on Gov. Corbett? Apparently, you missed Treasurer Rob McCord's increasingly higher profile.

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Pope George Ringo said...

Fun Fact: The last time America had NO living ex-President was when LBJ died in Jan. 1973. THe nation went for over 1 1/2 years without an ex-prez.
LBJ was only 64 when he passed...younger than any of the living Ex-prez's presently.
One has to wonder how these guys manage to live so long anymore; along with Supreme Court Justices and Congressional members. Very few die young, and when I say young I mean in their fifties or sixties.
Some secret potion only the priveliged few in govt. have access to??????????

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a betting man, never even been to the Mohegan Sun but I'll bet the outhouse that Corbett will be re-elected.
Ever since the PA Constitution was amended to allow two terms for a Governor, no PA Gov. has ever lost his reelection. The only one who came close to losing was Thornburgh back in 82.
Corbett still has two years before he has to worry about his rating and by then the economy will more than likely have turned around so he has nothing to worry about and most voters have short memories anyways.
That's why no Dems are running.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Professor Milburn Cleaver, OPA said...

Good morning Students,
As we approach the final weekend before the Republican National Convention, I cannot help but reflect in today’s lecture as to how far the party has come in six short years. Back in 2006 at this time the GOP was in disarray. Poor leadership under such ingrates as Dennis Hastert and Bill Frist was leading it down a path to obscurity. This was all too confirmed that November when for the first time in twelve years the Democrats with Iron Panties Pelosi took control of the House Of Representatives. I recall that night well, watching the returns and shaking my head in disgust. For the problem was that the modern technology of the social network was almost an unknown entity to GOP operatives. I stressed in lecture after lecture and to many of my Republican friends that we as a Party needed to update ourselves. As I told a Banker friend of mine, “We need to use modern technology to assert our traditional view of America.”

Well, six years later, after many growing pains, I am proud to say we have made it to the forefront!!!! Pres. Elect Romney has used the social network to connect with millions of God-fearing, hardworking Americans who are donating enormous amounts of cash to his effort to unseat the incumbent President. Defeating Obama will not be an easy task, but the Pres. Elect has the chutzpa to do it!!!!!

As we approach the Convention I hear many liberals praying that the oncoming Hurricane will hit Miami. How shameful is that!!!! And these very ingrates have the nerve to call Senator-elect Akin indecent???!!!!! If we cannot all get along then where will we end up???

I call on the Congress to cooperate with President Romney when he takes the oath. I call on Minority Ldr. Pelosi and Sen. Minority Ldr. Reed to not thwart his legislative efforts by filibustering and throwing monkey wrenches at him every step of the way. It is unpatriotic and disgusting when politicians attack the President for the simple reason of discrediting him and his efforts. Pres. Elect Romney has some wonderful ideas to implement. Ideas that will re-start a long stalled economy. Ideas that will inspire an apathetic public to get involved with their everyday lives—and to live them as good Christians. Ideas in short, to restore America to its former glory.

Finally, what good are we if we are not #1 in national defense????? President Romney will restore our defense so that it is second to none!!!! A policy of aggression towards those who would destroy us and NOT appeasement. What more can we ask of a Commander In Chief?????????

Again, I call on the congress to cooperate with the new President. For to not do so would not only be foolish, un-American. I do not, unlike you slackers, wish for him to fail.

Something to think about this morning……
Class Dismissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Gort said...

"there are no Statewide Democrats lining up to try and take a shot at Governor Corbett in the 2014 Governor’s race."

Joe Sestak, Tom Knox and Jack Wagner are testing the waters. Patrick Murphy is another possibility.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(and I only saw a snippet of it while Mrs. LuLac was surfing the channels,) WHY DOES YOUR WIFE HAVE THE TV REMOTE CONTROL? The remote control is not a wife toy, it is completly the domain of the husbnd.
>
Speak of guns, I have a license to carry and when I purchase a new gun, I still have to wait for the dealer to make a call and clear my name. The process of control shuld be with the sheriff's office and maybe a simple record check is not enough. Truth is, anyone can gain access to a hand gun and rifles of all kinds are always available. Maybe controling the TV is the answer but what ever happens, the nuts will always have a gun.

I'm ready to try the new Mex. letme know when.

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Ronvarsky said...

Sorry to pop your outrage balloon but anyone, without parent or ID, can purchase one of several models of typewriters from a store as close as Staples. Yes, they still sell typewriters and people like me still buy them. Seems that the state of Ohio requires various tax forms be filled out only by computer or typewriter. Many of these forms have no easily obtainable template to assist their quarterly tax filings. Next time, before you poo-poo old school technology, take a quick look at what is available right under your nose.

Now, if you don't mind, I am going to fire-up my Magnavox Quadraphonic eight track tape player and listen to the latest Rolling Stones release.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Once again, your ignorance and buffoonery astound me.
I LIVE TO SERVE MAN.
Apparently, you missed Treasurer Rob McCord's increasingly higher profile.
NO, I'M AWARE OF MR. McCORD'S HIGH PROFILE ESPECIALLY IN THIS AREA. I'M JUST NOT SEEING ANY ORGANIZED EFFORTS SO FAR. AT THIS TIME FOUR YEARS AGO, CONGRESSMAN JIM GERLACH WAS TESTING THE WATERS FOR THE GOP AS WAS SAM ROHRER.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
WHY DOES YOUR WIFE HAVE THE TV REMOTE CONTROL? The remote control is not a wife toy, it is completly the domain of the husband.
MAYBE IN YOUR HOUSE. I'M STILL PAYING DUES MAN.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Fun Fact: The last time America had NO living ex-President was when LBJ died in Jan. 1973. THe nation went for over 1 1/2 years without an ex-prez.
LBJ was only 64 when he passed...younger than any of the living Ex-prez's presently.
THAT WAS JANUARY 22, 1973. I REMEMBER IT BECAUSE I STARTED NIGHT CLASSES AT KING'S THAT DAY. FOR WHATEVER REASON, MY DAD WAS WITH ME AND TOLD ME WHEN I CAME TO THE CAR IN WILKES BARRE. IKE HAD DIED IN '69 AND TRUMAN DIED THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS IN 1972.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
I'm not a betting man, never even been to the Mohegan Sun but I'll bet the outhouse that Corbett will be re-elected.
Ever since the PA Constitution was amended to allow two terms for a Governor, no PA Gov. has ever lost his reelection. The only one who came close to losing was Thornburgh back in 82.
I TEND TO AGREE. CORBETT STILL HAS TIME. BUT WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF BILL SCRANTON CHALLENGED HIM IN A PRIMARY? I KNOW, I KNOW REPUBLICANS DON'T DO THAT. THE '82 RACE WAS VERY CLOSE BECAUSE THIS STATE WAS STILL REELING FROM A BAD RECESSION. ALLAN ERTEL NEARLY BEAT THORNBURGH. I WAS VERY CONFLICTED BY THAT ELECTION BUT WOUND UP VOTING FOR THE INCUMBENT.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Finally, what good are we if we are not #1 in national defense????? President Romney will restore our defense so that it is second to none!!!!
THANKS FOR POSTING PROFESSOR. YOU REPUBLICANS ARE RATHER FOND OF THOSE $800.00 HAMMERS AND $2100 TOILET SEATS I GUESS.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

President Romney, LOL!!!! Even typing it makes me laugh....
wouldn't be prudent," as Bush Sr. would say. Obama WILL be reelected. The alternative means the death knell for this country.

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That type writer belongs in a museum. I bet you had a car that color!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
That type writer belongs in a museum. I bet you had a car that color!
NO, BUT I HAD A LEISURE SUIT THAT COLOR!

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm convinced that the Professor is a parody... it's blatantly obvious now! I don't know how I didn't see it before.

Clever, clever.

Casey Evans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home