Monday, November 25, 2013

The LuLac Edition #2561, November 25th, 2013

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that the founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg has taken a stand on an important issue that is being ignored by the Congress. Immigration. Good to see the entrepreneur putting his money where his mouth is.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..at the reaction and response the 50th anniversary of JFK’s death received throughout the country. The last two 50 year milestones were the death of Roosevelt in 1995 and D Day in 1994. One thing that many people sometimes don’t realize about the JFK assassination was that it wasn’t two decades from the end of the war and Roosevelt’s death. The JFK killing was like a sucker punch to people of my parent’s generation.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……at just how good Luci Baines Johnson Nugent Turpin looks now. Mrs. LuLac is really amazed that I had a crush on her when I was 11.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……………that the letter “J” is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear anywhere on the periodic table of the elements.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the Payton Manning/Tom Brady rivalry is being portrayed as the greatest of all time in the history of NFL Quarterbacks. Really? Anyone remember Bart Starr and Johnny Unitas? Love Brady but keep in mind he won three Superbowls by three field goals.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..when thirsty a camel could drink up to 25 gallons of water in less than three minutes.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….at the crassness and stupidity of what passes for celebrities today. Last night a person named Sarah Silverman was interviewed on the red carpet. She was incoherent, vulgar and if she was trying for funny, she wasn’t. Lady GaGa on the other hand was pretty articulate and charming. GaGa who has these over the top outfits seemed like a normal person. Who knows maybe Silverman was trying for “skank of the year”. If that’s what she was going for, she made it.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the Packers played to a tie with Minnesota. A tie in 2013 NFL? Believe it.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that Hugo Selenski might go on trial. Ya think? Consider this, in the time since Hugo was supposed to go on trial, Luzerne County has had to governments, two District Attorneys, two sets of County Commissioners and a remodeled Courthouse. Hugo might be waiting for the 75th anniversary of the assassination of JFK. Or can it be he is afraid to face the music?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the Times Leader hasn’t set up a Security Trailer with a cot, TV and shower for crime reporter Ed Lewis at Sherman Hills. The latest incident involves Shamira Pierce, a Jersey transplant stabbing Venise Spence, over an argument over cheating on someone or the other. Arguments over cheating is nothing new. But once more we have a person out of town living on the dime of subsidized housing. Time to buy a bus ticket for both of them and let them duke it out somewhere else.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that I’m not the only one trying to figure out just what WNEP is trying to do with that Talkback 16 Thursday feature. Anchors in disguises? Mugging for the cameras? I’m all for satire and light humor but this is just lame and degrades the talent of two decent reporters. And if it was their idea, some producer or news director needs to tell them this is the news, not a poor man’s Leno.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or can it be he is afraid to face the music?

The real story on Hugo? He has the goods on public officials high in food chain. He will never be brought to justice because of this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home