Sunday, December 01, 2019

The LuLac Edition #4,177, December 1st, 2019

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Senator John Kennedy a Republican from Louisiana keeps digging a hole for himself every time he tries to defend Donald Trump in this Ukraine matter. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that this guy just doesn’t get it. The late Senator Lloyd Bensten in that famous 1988 debated rebuked Senator Dan Quayle when the GOP candidate for Veep tried to compare his tenure in office as a lawmaker to that of J.F.K. Never mind the fact that the Indiana Senator’s accomplishments were better than JFK’s. But Bensten said, “I knew Jack Kennedy, Senator you’re no Jack Kennedy” was a slam dunk. One must wonder what JFK and Bensten would make about this John Kennedy and his idiotic comments let alone Quayle.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that at a Dunkin’ Donut Drive through, drivers in NEPA are afraid to pull up to the back bumper of the car ahead of them. It’s like they are afraid to inch up. What that does is create more of a backup in line. Four times I’ve had to say to the sever when they asked for my order, “Large Ice Tea with two Splenda and two lemon…..still here!”
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….again we’re on Dunkin’ here again, people are amazed that I always tell the cashier in the drive through that I don’t want anyone paying it forward for me. A Dunkin’ Ice tea or once in a blue moon a Hot Chocolate or frozen drink is a treat and with my app, I want the damn points. When they pay ahead (which I’ll admit is a nice gesture) I don’t get the points.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..at just how long Jerry Jones is going to keep his coach Jason Garrett. I am not a ‘Boys fan at all but c’mon there has to be reckoning of staying too long at the fair. Or does Jones want to have the distinction of keeping Garrett longer than the Bengals kept Marvin Lewis.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……how anyone in their right mind would want to go on vacation in Mexico with all the cartel violence going on there.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……at just how vulgar Diaper Don has become. I remember it was scandalous when tell all books about Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon came out and how people were offended by their cursing. This crooked scoundrel must have said “bullshit” over ten times in public speeches. He cannot leave soon enough for me. From an ideological standpoint, Mike Pence would be more dangerous for America but at least he is a person who would comport himself with dignity.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that there was such a build up for the movie “The Irishman”. I saw it and thought it went on for 45 minutes longer than it needed to. I also thought Pacino’s portrayal of Jimmy Hoffa was a reprise of his performance in “A Scent of a Woman”. But that said, this was most likely the last time we’ll see Pacino and De Nitro together. Plus both were on the cover of GQ so as they used to say in Pittston, “That ain’t nuthin’!”Now the soundtrack is great and the movie begins with a classic song from the 1950s that at one time was regarded hy WABC Radio as the number one song of all time.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..a jiffy is an actual time measurement of 1/100th of a second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home