Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The LuLac Edition #4249, March 31st, 2020

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that what President Trump once called a hoax is now a big deal. My heavens, if he had just let the experts take over and not defund the area of the government that handles health issues, we’d all be better off.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that Minnesota might say that it's the "Land of 10,000 Lakes," but Canada has it beat. The country as a whole has over three million lakes. That means Canada has 60% of the world's total number of lakes within its borders. It must seem like paradise for people who like to fish or boat!
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….but not that there are people in the Wyoming Valley congregating in bunches when they were told to stay inside or in less than group of 10. Kudos to government officials and police for sending them home.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the surface area of Pluto is just under 6.5 million square miles. The CIA Factbook lists the area of Russia to be just over 6.6 million square miles. That makes Russia bigger than Pluto (and much closer to visit). Are you still very upset that Pluto isn’t a planet anymore?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that New York City is made up of 50 islands.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..at how much I miss baseball. Thank heavens for the MLB Network showing classic match up of games. Loved the re-broadcast of the Phillies-Cubs game from ’79 that ended with the Fightin’ Phils winning 24-23.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that even though it is spread across five time zones, the entire country of China is set to Beijing time. Having a single time zone in the United States would certainly make things easier. Currently, the USA is spread across six, but a single time zone would make things a little wonky in Alaska and Hawaii.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that churches have taken the step in making Masses available for its parishioners via You Tube. Technology can be a wonderful thing. Here’s a service from my church St. Peter and Paul in Plains from this past Sunday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=A1pzf9K8zC0&feature=emb_logo
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that the largest pool in the world can be found at the San Alfonso del Mar resort in Chile. It has 66 million gallons (enough water to fill 100 Olympic-sized pools). It's 3,323 feet in length, over twice the length of the next biggest pool. At a cost of $3,000,000, that sounds like a pretty good deal.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that every time a member of the WARM team passes away, like Jerry Heller this week the memories of that great broadcast institution come flooding out.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the longest flight in the world is between Singapore and Newark, New Jersey. Depending on which way you're flying, it takes around 18.5 hours to complete the 9,534 miles of the journey. The flight is so long that it doesn't even have an economy class. Only first-class and business-class arrangements are offered.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….and sad that the Times Leader has announced it will start publishing their paper four times a week. The reason is of course decreased revenue due to the Corona Virus. The Leader has been in the forefront of supporting community endeavors like the Wyoming Valley Art League and many others. Now is the time for the community to give back to them (The Times Leader) by buying their paper and supporting their business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home