Monday, March 13, 2023

The LuLac Edition #4, 931, March 13th, 2023

 

13 QUESTIONS


Our 13 Questions logo.

1.       Is the Mexican border going to be an issue against President Biden by the GOP?

Every little thing is going to be an issue. Let’s face that fact. But since December border crossings are down  That decrease in border crossings followed Biden's announcement in early January that Mexico would take back Cubans, Haitians, Nicaraguans and Venezuelans under a pandemic-era rule that denies migrants the right to seek asylum as part of an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19. At the same time, the U.S. agreed to admit up to 30,000 a month of those four nationalities on humanitarian parole if they apply online, enter at an airport and find a financial sponsor. The issue is that Biden and the Legislators must reshape the asylum policy in order to make this work.

 

2.       I heard on the radio that Ukrainian and Russian terrorists are behind the railroad derailments as well as the electrical grid attacks. What do you think?

That was on George Noory’s “Coast to Coast” show the other night. It was a caller he never challenged.

 

3.        I heard you on the radio (WVIA FM) with the NAACP Black History month information. What was it like going back?

Third VP Rose Daniels,  Erika Funke WVIA FM and me.

 

Through the years I had the good fortune to go back for events and special occasions. It was one of the best jobs I ever had especially when I was doing classical all-night shows in college and afterward.  I was also George Graham’s newsman during the Watergate years which was fascinating as all get out. Erika Funke did a wonderful interview with Third Vice President Rose Daniels too. I am a sustaining member and will always have a special place in my heart for 89.9.

 

4.       Did you have any interest in Alex Murdaugh’s arrest in July 2022 and subsequent trial for the murder of his wife and son in 2023?

Nope. Like many I was surprised at the short amount of time it took to convict but no, never followed it.

 

5.       Favorite Lenten food?

Stuffed white pizza from The Dough Company and Pagach with cabbage. Sauerkraut perogies too. 

 

6.       I know you’re still working but would you ever retire to Florida?

Jesus no. The state is full of dumb asses, they’re banning books, screwing with women’s rights, have tons of northern ingrates who are waiting to die there, have hurricanes, and alligators that come to your front door. I might as well by pass retirement and go straight to hell

 

7.       Does Nikki Haley have a chance to be on the ’24 national ticket?

Very slim. A Presidential run will be overshadowed by Trump and DeSantis.  A Vice Presidential bid will be derailed by the Congressional crazies like Marjorie Taylor Green, Jim Jordan and the other nut jobs. They’ll piss and moan and whoever the nominee is will be. 

 

8.       Any thoughts on NASA's Curiosity rover that has captured   "sun rays" on Mars for the first time?

It may be something big, might be a rarity but the fact the rover is up there taking photos and send them back is exciting. 

 

9.        Trump at C-PAC, you watch?


As my guy Joe would say, “C’mon man!” 

 

10.   When you go to the grocery store do you use coupons?

Yes, but only for more expensive items like Glucerna and stuff like Gold Bond where they offer $3 bucks off. I shop at three markets for specific items and sales. When something is on sale like Diet Coke or Zero Snapple, I’ll stock up.

 

11.    You seem to be on the go all the time. Having recently had a birthday, have you made any concessions to aging?

Yes.  Although I am active and, on the go, I tend to pace myself and pick my spots. I am also using rubber bottle and lid openers because of arthritic hands. 

 

12.   What’s with that George Noory theme at the end of his shows.  I only hear it occasionally.

He runs it when he does his Friday shows but only the first Fridays of the month. Here it is. 

13.   I know you love Hershey’s Reese’s, but do they still make Peeps, and do you buy them?


Absolutely. 

 

 

 

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home