Monday, October 16, 2023

The LuLac Edition #5,007, October 17th, 2023

 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED


Maybe I’m Amazed logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Donald Trump actually held a grudge against BibI Netanyahu the Prime Minister of Israel for waiting three weeks to declare Joe Biden the winner of the 20320 race. He was still whining about it three years later. Conversely it has been reported that President Biden was none too crazy about the delay in accepting his ascension to the Presidency by the Israeli leader. Unlike Trump, Biden let it slide.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that there was no Ambassador since July. Biden on Sept. 5th nominated former Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew to succeed Thomas Nides. This position along with 38 other ones have been held up by the Senate. You might ask how a Democratically controlled Senate can hold up Ambassadorships?  Why would they bite the ass of their own President? Fact is THEY DIDN’T. One Senator did. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., has held back the diplomatic nominations while seeking information from the Biden administration on the origins of COVID-19. Paul has blocked State Department nominees in an effort to "access COVID-19 documents being held by various government agencies that are under the jurisdiction of the foreign relations committee”. Okay, they opposed masks, said that CO-VID was a fake and NOW they want documents? Again, blame the party of NO for this.   I mean really, doesn't he look like a stupid son of a bitch?


MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that trivia contests in your own home seem easier than in person ones. But that should not deter you from joining the 6th District Democrats at Rodano’s tomorrow night at 7pm for a world class, Halloween trivia contest. Here are the details.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……The Phillies were the last of the original 16 MLB franchises to win a World Series, in 1980. 28 years later they won their second in 2008.


MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that it was Rico Brogna that had the most Phillies home runs between 1997 and 1999.


MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Caleb Cotham was the pitching coach for the 2023 Philadelphia Phillies. He is? played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the New York Yankees (2015) and Cincinnati Reds (2016). In 2019–20, Cotham served as the Reds’ assistant pitching coach, eventually becoming the team's director of pitching.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Mike Schmidt the Hall Of Fame Third baseman hit four home runs in that historic 19 to 17 win over the Chicago Cubs in 1976.


MAYBE I’M AMAZED….but not that I still have this replica 1964 Phillies hat in my possession and have it firmly ensconced on my desk at work for the duration of the playoffs cheering on the Fightin; Phis. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home