Monday, November 13, 2023

The LuLac Edition #5, 025, November 13th, 2023

 13 QUESTIONS


Our 13 Questions logo. 

 

1.   What are the chances that Clarence Thomas will face the consequences of his unethical actions?

Slim to none. Under a previous time he’d be gone. But the bar is set so low now, he’ll be there for life.However with this new development from the Court....he just might have his "hospitalities" curtailed.

 

2.   Senator Bob Casey’s re-election, struggle or done deal?

Sorry to say struggle. The GOP PACs and lie machines will ramp up and make it difficult. It bothers me when ignorant constituents buy into the line that “Casey hasn’t done anything” while millions of dollars are staring them in the face with funds he has brought in.

 

3.   What did you think of the Texas Rangers winning the World Series?  

I thought they were the true team of destiny. Everything fell into place just right for them and the impact a veteran manager like Bruce Boche gave them knowledge, baseball smarts but with little drama.

 

4.   Best love song ever?

Oh come on there are so many.

5.   Having been to many stadiums and baseball games, what is/was your most valuable possession?

 

Was” was baseball signed by the 1964 Phillies that I bought for $35.00. It had every signature on it of that team except Richie Allen’s. I was 10 in 1964 and I lived and died with them. It was a beautiful ball but the problem was it was signed in pencil. Through the years the autographs faded. I found a guy who replicated team balls and paid twice as much to get the non-faded ball copied. I have them both side by side in my office. 

The Softball Bat!!!

I also had a softball bat I won a game with. I saved it because the Lady Killers won so very few games. It was sighed by 24 Hall of Famers. The only significant guy I didn't have was Ted Williams from the 50s, 60s, 70s era.  I sold it to a collector (local guy) who I knew would enjoy sand treasure it. 


6. Who is your favorite MSNBC host? 

I used to like Brian Williams but think Stephanie Ruhle is great and tends to ask the same exasperating questions I do. She is also a graduate of Lehigh University which is a nice Pennsylvania connection.

 

7.   What did you think of Ivanka Trumps excuse that her testifying in her father’s business trial would cause her undue hardship?

What, she’d have to inform the nanny and pay that person extra? Unreal."

 

8.     Is it true that the Eagles want to trademark the Kelly green color for their uniforms?

 

Well, almost. While the Eagles are not looking to trademark the actual color — and they previously filed for a trademark on the old-school eagle logo that appears on their kelly green jerseys and related merchandise — they are looking to basically prohibit anyone from using that phrase in relation to anything involving football or other sporting exhibitions.

 

9.   Are you a card player?

No.

 

10.       I heard your interaction with Joe Snedeker on WILK the other day. Was he genuine or just being polite?

I think we found common ground having been born on the same day. If he had heard my theories about how much I hated snow and winter, we’d be having lunch.

 

11.       What are you thoughts on the new Met manager Mendoza?

 

Mendoza is the fifth manager of the Mets since 2017. He was the hitting instructor and bench coach for the Yankees under Aaron Boone. As a first time manager at the age of 43 he’ll being a new perspective to the Mets.  He played the infield during his playing career, broke into the Giants minor-league system in 1997 at 17 years old. He spent his final four seasons in the Yankees' system, reaching as high as Class AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in 2009 before making the leap to coaching. I don’t think Buck Showalter should have been fired but not close to the situation as a fan to make another type of judgement.

 

12.      Are you a hat guy in the winter?



Yes I am and some days when its cold enough I’ll even wear two.While I love this Navy blue hat, I'm looking for an old time 40s style fedora.

 

13.    Thoughts on 2023 elections?

 

People on the national, state and local level are seeing the Republican policies for what they are. Incompetent, invasive and undemocratic.The defeat of Steve Urban senior was spot on predicted by political pundit, (he of Pittston Politics fame) Joe Valenti. Joe usually gets it right more times than some national polls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home