A MELANCHOLY GOODBYE.............
.to Victory
Pig Pizza as a For Sale sign goes up on the property. "The Pig"
served generations of pizza lovers with their square cut real tomato sauce and
cheese. To me it was all about the tomatoes.
When I was in college our favorite waitress
was Betty P. who was extremely patient with me, Gibson and Frank Chebalo who
had his handy cancer sticks. When I started my job at City Hall in 2018 the
first person I ran into was Betty who was paying a tax bill.
We had a guy from the Junction who moved to Minnesota and when he came hone to Cliff street, after that his first stop was the Pig.
The last time I was there was when Yankee
Frank ordered and my it was grand. In later years The Pig went through COVID
and recently had challenges with the place due to health and staff issues. It
didn't help matters that Facebook zombies weighed in with negative comments
that were way too judgmental and personal.
Rich and Tara did their best and I wish the two good health and
smoother sailing ahead.
Monday night we had store bought PIG pizza.
It was the same but not the same....if you get what I mean. Victory Pig was a
constant for me at 280 plus pounds and 162 now. It was the same at $10.00 bucks back in the a day and even at $30.00 a tray.
It was part of life in NEPA. The constant will always be that a pizza fan would
get their fix, their smile and always, always a generational memory to
cherish.
Hey when a business life spans that long with
a limited menu and small staff....that's an achievement to be proud of.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home