Monday, June 25, 2007

The LuLac Edition #251, June 25th, 2007










PHOTO INDEX: OBAMA GIRL YOU TUBE STAR AND MODEL, AMBER LYNN ETTINGER AND WLYN TV 35's L.A. TARONE.


A LOCAL TIE


My favorite TV talk show host and columnist L.A. Tarone brings us news of great political import. Seems L.A. has discovered that the "Obama Girl" hails from Hazleton. Personally, if I can do a little match making here, I think L.A. and this young lady would make a fine couple. Mrs. LuLac has given me the greenlight to try to bring these two political stars together. Now, as my work begins, here's L.A.'s communication to me.



SHE'S FROM HAZLETON. AND YOU OUGHT TOV GET A LOOK AT HER IN MAXIM AND THE LIKE (IF MRS. LULAC DOESN'T CATCH YOU). YOWZAH!! I RAN THIS LAST WEEK.


“Obama Girl” is from Hazleton.A video of “I Got A Crush on Obama” by someone billed as Obama Girl has been the hottest thing on You Tuber the last few days.And the gorgeous brunette with the crush on the Illinois senator is Amber Lee Ettinger; a Hazleton native whose mother owns
"Remember When," the classic clothing store on Broad Street.Ettinger said she was asked about bring in the video on line.“The producers contacted me through my website and I was, like, sure why not,” she said. “They let me hear the song, and it was so cute, and so catchy, I loved it. I knew it would be something fun to do.”Ettinger said the decision to star in the video had little to do with politics.“I like him as a candidate, but I love him as a quality human being,” she said. “But I didn’t do it because of politics.”But she said the creators had politics in mind because they, “knew it would cause some sort of stir.”The video has been causing a stir on line. It’s become You Tube’s most hit video and it’s gotten attention elsewhere – including ABC News.“I didn’t expect it,” she laughed. “They put it on You Tuber, and two days later, I started getting bombarded with phone calls. I think I’ve been on every news station in New York the last two days.”Ettinger is not the singer; Leah Kaufman is. Amber Lee said she just met her within the first few days.While Obama Girl is getting her attention now, it’s far from her first appearance in front of a camera. She’s been modeling and acting for five years and has made appearances on Maxim and FHN, as well as an acting appearance on “Law And Order.”

3 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, I live in Scranton and remember L.A. Tarone on the radio. I can't get service electric but I watch his show on line on the LYN website. I really enjoy his wit and comments on his show. If that Amber chick doesn't dig him, I have a Cousin from Old Forge who loves those little Eye Talian guys from Hazleton.

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

L.A. Tarone is one of the most savvy writers and commentators in the area. You gotta love his style and honesty. As a Wilkes grad, I wish we could claim him as our own.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Tom Carten said...

As a Wilkes grad, I wish we could claim him as our own.

I was the General Manager at WRKC when L.A. was working there. Watching his show was like having an aisle seat for the San Francisco earthquake. Being manager was like watching "Speed," where he jumps the bus over the unfinished entrance ramp, and shouting, "No! No! Don't do that!"

But, darn it all, he was the best at what he did. The earthquake ended with all buildings still standing; the bus landed with all passengers applauding.

He never did get around to painting the studio windows black.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home