Sunday, September 30, 2007

The LuLac Edition # 316, Sept. 30th, 2007














PHOTO INDEX: THE INDIANS, THE YANKEES, THE PHILLIES AND THE ROCKIES LOGO.


THE PLAYOFFS


The regular baseball season ended today except for of course the sudden death game between Colorado and San Diego Monday. As a baseball fan, it is going to be a great post season. For my alligances, man am I confused. First and foremost, I'm an Indians fan but really respect the job Joe Torre and the Yankees did in their remarkable season. Left for dead in May, they battled back. Then there are those Phillies. Again, a team that scrapped its way to the top. I''ve always been hard on Charlie Manual especially when he was manager of the Tribe but this year he seemed to push the right buttons. Then there are the Rockies, two years ago Mrs. LuLac and I enjoyed a great game at that beautiful stadium with Jim Gibson and Bonnie Gilbert. One of my best friends since childhood David Dellarte is an Angels fan and one of my favorite people in the broadcast business, Sue Henry is a diehard Red Sox fan, not to mention my brother-in-law Owen Barnett. Plus a former radio buddy Pat Fadden is a true blue Phils fan. I love the Indians (a good friend Jim Petrie) is actually going to see the Tribe for the playoffs. And then there's this prediction from Yankee rookie and former SWB Yank Jaba Chamberlain:
I think the Rockies will win and go to win the National League pennant, where I, Joba Chamberlain, will shatter their World Series hopes.
Posted at
9:00PM on Sep 30th 2007 by Joba Chamberlain.
The hurler posted that to a website dealing with Major League Baseball. So everyone's getting into the act, even the players! What a great time of year.
With all of this going on, you can see how I would be torn. But that's the best kind of stress for a baseball fan. As September ends and October begins, I refer you to my old baseball adage, "For true baseball fans: there's no sleep in October".


SURVEY SAYS!!!


During the Green Bay game today, I got a call asking me about Tom Leighton's performance as Mayor. The person calling asked about Paul Kanjorski, Lou Barletta and Steve Urban too. But the poll seemed to be focusing on Leighton and his tenure primarily as Wilkes Barre Mayor.

5 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK GOD!!!!
No Lokuta ramblings today!
Also, don't you think Christine Katsock should've run for Mayor again this year? I'm sure Stets would've been glad to run for Council and not have a primary.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

I think Kristine Katsock got some very bad advice at the start of this election season. I believe she would have been a formidable candidate against the Mayor, more focused in her rhetoric (although Stets is no slouch) and with a core support group ready to run through a wall for her in the city. Running for Commissioner just didn't make sense. Her voice is missed in this election. And she came very close last time against Leighton.

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter what anyone says there Dave, the Lokuta reactions were really good. You made it clear that it would be your gut reaction to what you heard, kind of a first thought in the head process, and there were times when you actually took a stand against the Judge. Let's face it, there's no commentary like that anymore in print in the area. Except for Steve Corbett's blog on the WILK website which I think is very good. What will be interesting to see is if her lawyer can bring to the fore word of corruption in the Judiciary at the Courthouse. If he can't and if she (the Judge) won't, then that might cause her a concern. Let's face facts, there is one member on that board who has made no bones (Joyce I think the name is) about coming after her.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO COMMENT ABOUT MY OBSERVATIONS OF TERRY BEST ?

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
NO COMMENT ABOUT MY OBSERVATIONS OF TERRY BEST?
YES, I POSTED THE COMMENT ON EDITION #309, SEPT. 21rst TODAY WITH MY RESPONSE. I LOST IT IN THE SHUFFLE A FEW WEEKS BACK. SORRY FOR THE MISPLACEMENT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home