Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The LuLac Edition #400, Jan. 22nd, 2008



PHOTO INDEX: BLOG EDITOR AT 2007 CANDIDATES FORUM IN WILKES BARRE.



POLICY REMINDER




As we publish the 400th edition of The LuLac Political Letter, let me take this opportunity to give all of our readers, posters and if you will public, a reminder on what we are all about.

This blog/site was formed to provide a dialogue about politics in Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties, statewide and national developments in politics and a bit of history and pop culture. We have been fortunate to have the support of many people who read us frequently. We thank you for all of the support.
That stated, a few housekeeping items, which are fairly obvioius but we'll go over anyway:
1. Personal attacks on candidates, government officials and citizens is prohibited. We will criticize the actions we disagree with, on some days we'll be extremely judgemental but nowhere in print will we ever degrade, defame or attack a person's character, lifestyle, looks, religion or views.
2. Any postings we get will be edited to eliminate any personal attacks on the subject of one of our stories. We reserve the right to delete, edit and correct any posting we get that is deemed untruthful and unfair.
3. We will not link or promote suggestive, obscene, or defamatory web sites that's main mission in life is to tell untruths and hurt people personally. Keep in mind we will be aggressive in our efforts to uncover the veneer of the political world and its sometimes hypocritical nature, but we will never actively and knowingly defame anyone in our dealings with them.
4. If we report on a news story no one else has, we will check two confirmed sources, face to face, eye to eye, in person.
This policy reminder is just the way I chose to do business when this site/blog began. That philosophy continues today. We are grateful for your readership and always welcome your responses.


3 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Yonki,
It was great to read your 209th edition of the Lu Lac Political Letter (April 2007). My sister actually came across it on the internet a couple days ago...it was nice to see my grandfather, Tom Lehman's story! I was never told much about this election, so all the details were interesting to learn. I guess my dad (Scott, Tom's youngest kid) didn't really know the entire story since he was out working in Philadelphia (where I currently go to school). I was only a baby when Pop Pop died, so I didn't now him too well...I've been told all my life that my Dad is just like him, but reading your posting gave me a better picture. Thanks again for such a wonderful tribute to him.

Best,
Kristen Lehman

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas has left a new comment on your post "The LuLac Edition #207, April 29th, 2007":

Tom Lehman was my grandfather, and I was born just a year or so after his death. It is really great to read up on him, because I knew so little. Thank you!!

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,
Keep up the good work. You my friend are a class act.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home