The LuLac Edition #706, Jan. 26th, 2009
There are more questions than answers now with the recent news about the two Luzerne County Judges, Conahan and Ciaverella. Here they are:
1. What of the two people in the indictment that appear to be the ones that funneled money to the Judges?
2. Will this story be a springboard to a political comeback by Judge Lokuta? She pulled no punches in her interview with the media today.
3. Will the resignations mean that there will be 5 Judgeships up for re-election in Luzerne County?
4. Will Lokuta’s open seat be held up by her appeal?
5. The two Judges, will they be able to keep their pensions?
6. And if they do, will Lokuta be able to get hers back? After all she was allegedly mean but not indicted for taking money?
7. Will the Judicial candidate record of the early 90s (17 candidates) be broken?
8. Will there be a case by case review of the Juvenile cases brought before the two Judges?
9. How about civil bench trials where hundreds of thousands of dollars were rewarded by Judicial fiat?
10. Will Chester Muroski be prevailed upon to stay on for a few more years?
11. Will this case have a ripple effect on other county government institutions?
13. Will order and confidence in government be restored?
14. Will Luzerne County be on the financial hook for settlement of civil lawsuits?
All of these questions are going to be ongoing and will have ramifications on County government and politics for years to come. One of our media friends requested a video to highlight this day in Luzerne County history, from of all bands, the Sex Pistols.