Monday, June 22, 2009

The LuLac Edition #855, June 22nd, 2009


PHOTO INDEX: PRESIDENT OBAMA AND GOP LOGO.

SMOKIN'

President Obama cited his own long struggle to quit the cigarettes he got hooked on as a teenager as he signed the strongest-ever U.S. anti-smoking bill Monday and praised it for providing critically needed protections for kids. The bill marks the latest legislative victory for Obama's first five months. Among his other successes: a $787 billion economic stimulus bill, legislation to expand a state program providing children's health insurance and a bill making it easier for workers to sue for pay discrimination. The president has frequently spoken, in the White House and on the campaign trail, of his own struggles to quit smoking. He brought it up during Monday's ceremony while criticizing the tobacco industry for marketing its products to young people. Obama said almost 90 percent of people who smoke began at age 18 or younger, snared in a dangerous and hard-to-kick habit. When Obama was on the campaign trail, he spoke about his smoking concerns with Ellen DeGeneris:

When I was in grade school, one of the most popular show I watched as a kid was a cartoon called "The Flintstones". It was a knock off of "The Honeymooners" but I didn't realize it at the time. Here's an ad from that show, which was aired in prime time.


My father was a smoker. He was a two pack a day guy and his brand was Raleigh's. You'd get a coupon on the back of the pack you could redeem. I watched him smoke, loved the smell but felt it was just too much damn work to be a smoker. You had to open the pack, then reach into another pocket to get a lighter or a match. If it was a match, then you had to strike the match while keeping the cigarette in your mouth. Then after getting the fire going from the match, you had to light the cigarette, then take the cigarette out of your mouth, blow the match out, put it in an ashtray and then start puffing. Too much work for me which is why I never started. My father stopped cold turkey in 1968. This move by the President is a good thing for our health and well being as well as our future generations.

GARDEN PARTY

The Luzerne County Republican Party is hosting its first Summer Lawn Party, an outdoor fundraiser on Thursday, July 23, 6-8 p.m. at the Westmoreland Club, South Franklin Street, Wilkes-Barre. Guest speakers are State Sen. Lisa Baker and Hazleton Mayor Lou Barletta. County candidates will be featured: Attorney Richard Hughes for Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas, Walter L. Griffith Jr. for Controller, Carolee Medico Olenginski for Prothonotary, Gina Nevenglosky for Register of Wills, Frank Semanski for Jury Commissioner. Donation is $150 per person; $250 per couple.

JON AND KATE

Mrs. LuLac has watched this show once in a while. I was not aware of it but tonight she told me the family that is featured on TLC is from Wernersville, Pa. So that kind of makes this a pop culture item. Anyway, the couple, Jon and Kate are getting a divorce. As I was working on my computer, I heard Jon say, "I have to do what's best for me and for my kids". Kind of a slip that it came out "what's best for me" and then "and for my kids". Hey Dork boy, here's a thought, why don't you suck it up, do what's best for your kids and stay in the freaking marriage! Maybe they can rename the show, "Big Wuss and Kate: plus 8".

10 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonks,
Wife watches the show sometimes. Ive seen it. Nobody should be married to Kate! Trust me. Guys like me and you would get away from this Babe in a hurry! Also I get your point, but if John dont look out for John he cant look out for the kids. He is more for the kids than she is by a long shot from the little I've seen.

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yonk you would have been f---ing around on kate in a heart beat...

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no anon, he would be f---ng around with Kate after all that surgery she had..... lol lol lol

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say legalize pot, tax the hell out of it and direct the money towards the war on drugs. Put a sin tax on cigarettes/alcohol and gambling and last but possibly most lucrative, tax churches at least for property and take a serious look at all "non profit organizations." I know it wont fly, but man would it bring in money to ease the burden on the
"middle class".

Pete Cassidy

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey 805AM, 1205PM. How tall is Kate? The fact that she's nuts fell into Yonk's wheelhouse back in the day but the critical question is how tall is she?

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not tall enough! Not tall enough at all. And not a redhead, but then who is?

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well she can change he hair color. hell she had her stomach vacuumed and her breasts enlarged... she can wear stilettos maybe that will make up for height..lolololololololol

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no denials from yonk that he would take kate our for a ride??? kind of telling, don't ya think?

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
no denials from yonk that he would take kate our for a ride??? kind of telling, don't ya think?
I'D BE MORE THAN WILLING TO GIVE HER A RIDE IN MY RAGTOP, BUT THAT IS AS FAR AS IT WOULD GO. NOW. I CAN'T SPEAK FOR MANY YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS IN THE WILDERNESS.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so tell me yonk what are you for or against fake breasts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home