Saturday, February 06, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1088, Feb. 6th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: OUR INTERVIEW LOGO.

INTERVIEW

Super Bowl Sunday is one day away and we are all going crazy for THE BIG GAME. I had the opportunity to talk to a guy who attended the very first Super Bowl. Back then it was the Championship game.
Q: What were you doing in L.A.?
A: I was just getting out of the service and bumming around California. I got my ticket for about 8 bucks and went.
Q: A lot of hoopla?
A: Not like today. It was like a regular game. There were a lot of empty seats.
Q: It was at the Coliseum, right?
A: Yes. The place was huge.
Q: How much was a beer?
A: 50 cents.
Q: No!!!
A: Yeah, really.
Q: I remember it was on two networks?
A: Yeah then they started alternating.
Q: Were you a fan of either team?
A: No, I’m a Giants fan. My guy was Y.A. Title but I liked Bart Starr. (Editor’s Note: The Packers beat the Chiefs by 35-10).
Q: Me too.
A: It was a great game. Max McGee was the star.
Q: Yeah and…….
A: I know what you’re gonna say, he was on drunk the night before, never thought he’d be in the game and boom, he’s there.
Q: Do you have any photos?
A: No but I have the ticket stub somewhere.
Q: Given that you were at the first game, were you ever back to another one?
A: Yeah, number 9 in ’75 at New Orleans. I was on a business trip there and got tickets.
Q: Minnesota lost that one to the Steelers. (Editor’s Note: The Steelers beat the Vikings 16-6). As a Pennsylvanian, how’d that make you feel?
A: (Shrugging shoulders) Didn’t matter to me. I enjoyed the game.
Q: Where do you watch the Super Bowl now?
A: In the Lazy Boy.
Q: Favorite food?
A: Eggrolls.
Q: Eggrolls?
A: Yeah, you got a problem with that? My wife’s are very good.
Q: No, No, I'm sure they are tasty. Any predictions?
A: Nope just want to see a good game.
Q: Happy Super Bowl!
A: Yeah, back at ‘ya.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever!
+ Hope there are LOTS of closeups of the cheerleaders, and I also hope none of the WHO die of old age at halftime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home