Saturday, March 20, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1124, Mar. 20th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: CONGRESSMAN CHRIS CARNEY.

TAKING A STAND

Congressman Chris Carney will vote yes for the Health Care Bill. The Congressman issued a press release Saturday. It is my opinion that all of the negative ads directed at the bill and in effect blackmailing Carney into a no vote might have backfired on his thought process. I know if I was in his position I'd not want to be pushed around by that barrage of garbage paid for by special interests. In his statement Carney said, “We’ve been through a long, difficult debate over health care. I’ve listened to my constituents through 14 town halls and thousands of phone calls, personal visits and letters. I’ve talked with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle. And I’ve heard from health care experts, economists, and the Congressional Budget Office, which estimates the cost of the program," Carney stated. Carney continued: "Throughout this debate I have focused on several overarching priorities and I believe, after careful review, that this bill addresses them. This measure denies insurers the ability to reject coverage to people with so-called ‘pre-existing conditions,’ a common sense provision that, as a cancer survivor, I feel particularly strongly about. Covering maternity care will no longer be optional for insurers; pregnant women and their unborn children will be guaranteed coverage when they need it most. And the arbitrary and exorbitant insurance premium increases that have hamstrung small businesses and working families will no longer be possible." As Edmund Burke once said, “Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.” This health care bill is a good example of that thought. Carney recognizes that it is a start. It is historic. I give him credit for helping to make history. And I urge him to disavow the reader comments I saw in the newspapers. Threats from thugs masquerading as citizens.
The bill is not everything America needs but it is a start. Thanks to the Congressman for doing his job.

8 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kiss your ass good by Chris Carney, your suport is gone!!!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Kiss your ass good by Chris Carney, your suport is gone!!!
WELL YOU DID SPELL ASS RIGHT ANYWAY!

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted against Carney TWICE. Thought he was wishy washy. Not this time. I'm going for a man who can make a decision and vote for the public good.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My health insurance took a 40% increase this year. So these jerks say that health care will cost more ..... WOW, what a revelation. My costs go up every year so maybe Obama Caare will bring health care costs under control. The Congressional Budget Office who all agree stays out of the politics of issues say that this will help not hurt. I'm willing to give naything a try because what's going on right now just doesn't work.

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Jonathan T. Tallman said...

Support a good conservative against Carney this November by visiting www.madeiraforcongress.com

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, lets not....and say we did. Tallyho Taliman!!!!!!

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even want to pretend and say I did. The thought terrifies me.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon 4:20 what in the bill will make health insurance more affordable? All it says is buy insurance or pay a fine. Who will make out? the insurance companies. Wow what a shock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home