Saturday, March 27, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1133, Mar. 27th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: OUR INTERVIEW LOGO.

INTERVIEW

I had a brief conversation with a good friend who works in a small factory in Old Forge. Most of his conversation centers on baseball when he does engage his co workers. But the last few weeks his department was buzzing about the President and his policies. I asked him what they were saying about Mr. Obama.
Q: What are they saying?
A: Well a lot of negative things. Some are outright racist. Most of them say Obama will be a one term President.
Q: Why?
A: The Health Care debate.
Q: Does your employer offer health care?
A: Very limited.
Q: So theoretically this bill can help your plant if your employer gets a tax break. Did you tell them that?
A: I did but they said it will be worse.
Q: How many of them are covered?
A: One guy is on his wife’s plan but the other three don’t have any coverage.
Q: Did you tell them that something is better than nothing?
A: I did.
Q: What happened?
A: They well they said I was some type of love you know.
Q: So they used the “n” word regarding the President?
A: They did.
Q: What else are they saying?
A: Well that Obama will make sure all the illegals get benefits and take them away from us. And that Obama will let them and all the Puerto Ricans in.
Q: You know Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory right?
A: Yes.
Q: And you did tell them that Puerto Rico residents can vote in the Presidential primaries right?
A: Yes. It didn’t make any difference. I can’t waste my energy arguing with people who just don’t have the facts.
Q: So what do you do?
A: Tell them I’m a political, slap on my headphones and listen to the radio.
Q: What do you listen to?
A: ESPN, Fox Sports for Dan Patrick and WARM.
Q: Does that make you feel any better?
A: Yeah.
Q: Do these guys that are screaming about the President, how did they vote the last time?
A: I don’t think they did. I’m not even sure they are registered.
Q: You’re a smart guy, no sense trying to win an argument with blowhards right?
A: Right. I just make sure I have enough batteries in my lunch pail.
Q: Good idea.

6 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good interview. Straight from the streets. Sadly a lot of folks in NEPA think that way and its not just NEPA. "Dont confuse me with facts, my minds made up." Misinformed and proud of it!
and the intention is to stay that way...

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Translation:
I have limited knowledge, patience and abilities to engage those with differing opinions, so I retreat into my iPod.

Just what we need.

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems only fair that AJ Munchak and his attorneys have knowledge of just who is making the assertions against him. Its clearly a tangled mess, but this information could shed light on who the County no longer should be doing business with. Munchak and Cordaro are innocent until proven guilty as are the contractors, but we deserve to know who they are and so does AJ Munchak.

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got off your grumpy ass and made it to the Blogger Meet Up. Good coverage in the newspaper. You are looking a little more healthy than the last time we saw you. Still think you're an Obama apologist, judgemental sexist reactionary but read your stuff. Now if we can only Palinize you, you'd be okay!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Translation:
I have limited knowledge, patience and abilities to engage those with differing opinions, so I retreat into my iPod.
THIS GUY WOULDN'T KNOW AN I POD IF IT BIT HIM ON THE NOSE. HE'S OLD SCHOOL WITH A WALKMAN AND HEADPHONES AS BIG AS MICKEY'S EARS.
Glad you got off your grumpy ass and made it to the Blogger Meet Up.
I'M GLAD I WENT. MY MOM USED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT GOING SOMEWHERE AND THEN BE ALMOST THE LAST PERSON TO LEAVE. I'M A LOT LIKE THAT.
Good coverage in the newspaper.
YES.
You are looking a little more healthy than the last time we saw you.
THANKS, IT IS APPRECIATED. FEELING GOOD. STRESSED BUT IT'S A GOOD TYPE OF STRESS. LOT OF BALLS IN THE AIR.
Still think you're an Obama apologist, judgemental sexist reactionary but read your stuff.
I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY.
Now if we can only Palinize you, you'd be okay!
AS CURLEY HOWARD USED TO SAY, "OH NO, NOT THAT!!!!!!"

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You couldnt have Palinized Curley. At his dullest he was too smart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home