Friday, May 13, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1592, May 13th, 2011




PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.


MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed………..that such a stir was caused by the Google blog shut down. The varying e mails I got regarding service updates were frustrating but at least on point. What is amazing is that Google reposted what was lost. That’s why you see 2 #1590 editions.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that two parents (and I use the term lightly) were drunk riding in a Jeep with a 2 year old in the back seat. Equally amazing are the 5 stoner boners who were high on pot that rammed into them and killed the baby. A 14 year old stoner was driving. Where the hell were his parents? It’s incidents like this that really make me lose hope for all humanity.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that this primary election is finally grinding to a close. You are going to see some surprises this Tuesday.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that Paul McCartney is going to tie the knot again. He had a wonderful first marriage, a horrible second one. His demographic this time around is a tad older so I hope it works out. Paul’s reasoning, “I love to be in love”. Hell who doesn’t, just son’t let the wife find out.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that when I posted on my FaceBook page that it was the ten year anniversary of Perry Como’s death, some people were surprised to hear he died and some didn’t even know who he was.
Maybe I’m Amazed……..that it was thirty years ago today that Pope John Paul II was assassinated in Rome and almost died. That did not stop JPII from traveling the world to preach the Gospel.
Maybe I’m Amazed……at the big crowd WILK got at its first anniversary Beer Buzz at Krugel’s Deli. Well I shouldn’t be amazed because it is a popular feature. The cake was wonderful, it was nice to work the crowd and see Bosco, Joe Thomas and Nancy Kman. A big thanks to Webster for giving me a shout out when I walked in the door. Kind of made me feel like Norm from Cheers! And equally amazing is that it is just under a year that Joe Thomas deejayed my nephew’s wedding. Time flies. Just like a beer buzz I guess.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that I’m still watching the damn “Apprentice” show every week. I tried to stop but couldn’t. Trump’s final two: Marlee Matlin and John Rich.

Maybe I'm Amazed.......that the Stooges just keep getting funnier and funnier as I grow older.

8 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

...I saw a Boy Scout present the plans for his Eagle project to the Plains Township Commissioners last night. It's things like that which convince me there is still hope for humanity. We have some amazing young people out there David...

James O'Meara, Sr.

 
At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed that you correctly condemn the role of alcohol in the death of a child and then in the same edition commend programing that promotes alcohol use.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should know that the wife ALWAYS finds out.

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...hey Yonk you're getting tired. The Pope was assassinated? And went on to tour the world? Does mean there's a "comeback tour" coming for OBL??

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that "assisinated"d oes not simply mean killed! Dumb me thought you had to die to be assasinated. Live and learn at the knee of the Younkster.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..."that it was thirty years ago today that Pope John Paul II was assassinated in Rome and almost died" ... If he was assassinated, he did die, otherwise it was an attempted assassination! Did you graduate from King's by any chance?

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Okay, okay, to the last threre posters.....
"It was thirty years ago that an assassination attempt was made on the life of Pope John Paul II." He did not die. He lived. I was tired and made a mistake. And that last item was added in haste. No excuse for carelessness. Mistake duly noted. And despite their best efforts to stop it, I did graduate from King's College.

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, picky, picky, picky. I know what he meant. And if John Paul had bought the farm, he'd be a saint right noiw instead of Blessed. And by the way, the irresponsible use of alcohol in the death of an infant has no correlation whatsoever to a business that is selling food, beer and lemonade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home