Friday, May 27, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1613, May 27th, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed……that there are more candidates running from the GOP nomination race than people actually running toward it. You wonder whether this might open the way for a conversation about a Jeb Bush candidacy.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that most of the campaign signs that littered the highways and byways of LuLac land now are starting to slowly disappear.
Maybe I’m Amazed……..that when you look at the numbers for the candidates in the county council race, most of the winners carried their own areas very strongly.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that Joe Saporito and Jim Haggerty couldn’t get a GOP nomination for Judge. Saporito’s family pedigree goes back to the John Fine administration when his father was a party stalwart. And Haggerty has been a GOP mainstay for years. Their poor showing confirms the story that many of the Democratic candidates were playing footsie with a certain old school GOP power broker who’s ring needs to be constantly kissed if you want to break through politically around here.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that I’m actually enjoying the Donald Rumsfeld biograpghy that Mrs. LuLac got me for my birthday.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that our eyes are always the same size at birth but our nose, and ears never stop growing.
Maybe I’m Amazed……..that Governor Tom Corbett was up and around quickly after his back surgery.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that PNC Field is such a great place to be for one of those 10:35AM games. You see the game then have the rest of the day to get back to work or just bum around. If those early games were marketed to more than schools, they just might get a nice attendance.

Maybe I'm Amazed.......that it took Sarah Palin so long to get herself roused up and get on the campaign trail. It took competition from another woman candidate, Michelle Bachman to get her moving.

4 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm amazed that you think that there is any kind of power broker in Luzerne County politics, regardless of Party. The old fart you refer to can't get you a vote outside his own family. Just think about it, which Republican town is organized and actually endorsed and worked for a candidate? It is these kinds of stories that promote the myth of his "power."

I'm totally amazed that they allowed Rumsfield's book to be published other than as a fiction. There are several books that state very clearly how he personally screwed up Iraq. It would be nice to see him and his two bosses be charged as war criminals. Maybe I'm mazed that they haven't been. See you at lunch.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm amazed, about the election signs disappearing... But not quick enough. I think these candidates should act as quickly to take them down as fast as they put them up! A good $300 littering fine the going rate, should be imposed on each candidate for each sign they don't remove after a certain amount of time. Petty, but every sign I still see on the highways and byways now, gives me the incentive not to vote for that particular candidate, if I have the opportunity to do so. They'll kiss us voters ass BEFORE the election, but after ... that's another story.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bush name would be simply MAGIC in 2012.

And Palin isn't running: she's posturing for attention. Bachman, on the other hand, means it.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Pope George Ringo said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: WILLARD MITT ROMNEY WILL BE THE GOP NOMINEE IN 2012.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home