Saturday, September 24, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1771, September 24th, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED


MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that the best time of the sports season is now upon us. The NFL is heating up and the baseball playoffs start. A good time to be a sports fan.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the Republican party potential nominees are doing their best to try and canalize each other before they pick a nominee. Interparty competition is one thing, killing off one another is quite another.
MAYBE I’m AMAZED….that Speaker of the House John Boehner will have opposition in his 2012 spring primary. A left leaning Republican? A centrist GOP member longing for the god old days of Hugh Scott and Bob Packwood? Nope, his challenge is coming from the Tea Party, a group he has constantly bowed down to and appeased. Note to Mr. Boenher: look at what happened to the great appeaser Neville Chamberlain.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the flooding of 2011 did such damage to the structure of the Hotel Sterling. People from the city say the building might send bricks and mortar from its rooftop onto some unsuspecting city resident. Really? Parts of the roof are gonna fly off with water in the basement? I thought only wind did that. Maybe if the water in the basement traveled miraculously up to the roof, oh there ya go. Now I understand. Not. Someone at Blogfest had the best line about the Sterling sad state of affairs, “Someone in the city probably has a contract for the parking lot right now”.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that 8 hours after that NASA 6 ton satellite hit the earth, the space agency has no idea where it landed. Some people have speculated it might be the water. I have always been a NASA fan and think we have a better standard of living because of space exploration. However I remember Gus Grissom’s (Mercury, Gemini and Apollo astronaut ) saying “'Just think of these millions of parts put together by the lowest bidder!"
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that since the first time they won the World Series, the New York Yankees have made the post season 50 out of the past 90 years.

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

David: I was alarmed to read that NASA was unsure where the bits and pieces of the satellite landed. I began making calls immediately. I am relieved to report that no chicken suppliers were hit by space junk. All chicken wing restaurants are safe as well. America: sleep soundly tonight, your wings are safe.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Yankee appeaser, you! What would amaze you about that stat?
Im amazed that you are amazed!

You say "and look what happened to Neville Chamberlain." I say "look what happened to Gus Grissom!"

For the guy who counts commas, did I use too many exclamation points?

Old Pete

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
For the guy who counts commas, did I use too many exclamation points?
AS ALWAYS, YOU'RE COOL!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home