Friday, October 21, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1805, October 21st, 2011

Maybe I'm Amazed logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that there are still so many unknown factors in this upcoming election. The big wild card is going to be the County Council race and what impact ballot position is or is not going to have on the election.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that politicians around here are utilizing polls as a way to gauge interest in a candidate. I’m sure that most of the time they get the truth but I’m also fairly confident some people play with the pollsters. But I’m sure they factor that in.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the County seems to be in a real rush to get some things on the books so that the new County Council can’t overturn it. The Station Project comes to my mind. The County gave Thom Greco 6 million bucks for the property! How would you like to acquire a building, run it into the ground and walk away with a cool 6 million?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the St. Louis Cardinals are in the World Series after being out of the running in early September by 10 games. By the way the Cards have 10 World Series wins under their belt as well as 18 National League pennants, second only to the New York Yankees.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the Obama administration got rid of Bin Laden and the dictator from Libya Moammar Gadhafi himself. They should get some type of credit for that, right?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that Governor Tom Corbett’s nod to school vouchers was not entirely wildly accepted by members of his own party last week. Corbett’s legislative leaders laid a lot of groundwork in the spring session for its enactment only to get a lukewarm response from the Governor. Now the boys don’t want to put in any more effort than they have to and then have the Governor back away.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…………that Donovan McNabb has been relegated to the bench in Minnesota. This is his second benching in two ears with two teams. McNabb was at one time on his way to the Hall of Fame but I’m not sure now.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that butterflies actually taste with their hind feet.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that a Mayor as well as a City Administrator charged the city 4 grand for security systems because they felt unsafe. Maybe I’m also amazed that the administrator had his system moved when he moved. Maybe I’m even more amazed that city residents who have been burglarized (myself this year) are not as up in arms about this as they should be. Maybe all those who were robbed should ask the city for a rebate on the stuff the crooks took, but if we did that, they’d call us liberals.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that Linda Stets Urban has filed a criminal charges against Mayor Leighton and J.J. Murphy. Amazed because Stets Urban has been singing this same song for years. Now maybe people will only realize that in the past, when she was labeled as a troublemaker or worse, they’ll all realize back then, she was just warming up.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that in this year of revelations about Wilkes Barre City politics, the pathetic GOP can’t get their act together. All they need to do is pick one Republican in any race, council or otherwise and that might start the winds of change.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that J.J. Murphy who is rumored to have applied for the County CEO job just might have a chance.

3 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that the mayor was threatened and people (even you Yonk) think that the city installingan alarm system on his home was not warranted. Come on folks, the guy is doing a good job, he is a leader and he incured the wrathof some bad guys. Grab hold of some real issues and let this dog die. We finally get a mayor who is doing the job and you people can't be satisfied. What's wrong with you?

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This years World Series is demeaned by the presence of Mark McGuire in the Cards dugout! Mr "I dont wanna talk about the past" and my cheating just shouldnt be there!
Fortunately the cameramen seem to understand and dont show him very much.
Two of the biggest phonies of all time are McGuire and Sosa.

A Serious Baseball Fan

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mayor Leighton needs to go! Steve and Linda Urban are goofs. Hey Linda, can I borrow your newspaper?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home