Friday, October 14, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1795, October 14th, 2011

Maybe I'm Amazed logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED


MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that it is less than 30 days to the Election. This will be one of the most important in the two county area of Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties. In the land of the Lac, voters must pick new Commissioners. With A.J. Munchak on the way to certain incarceration ands Mike Washo heading off into the sunset, there will be a new team to pick. In Luzerne County, there are two Mayoral races of note in Wilkes Barre and Hazleton, a County Council to pick as well as Judges for the Court of Common Pleas. It’s time to hunker down folks and pick your candidates.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that the great middle of the country dominates the post season play. Big money teams like the Yankees and the Phillies were dispatched by St. Louis and Texas. Milwaukee and Detroit also won to set up a great series. This is baseball at its best. Let every series go 7 games.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that someone would inject bodily fluids into co worker’s yogurt. How’d you like to share a cubicle with that guy! And call me strange but where was he, ahem “manufacturing” the specimens for injection? At work?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that on the Mayflower there was only room for 102 passengers. Yet there are many generations who claim to have arrived via the ship.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that Rush Limbaugh seems to be blaming the liberal media for the failings of the GOP Presidential candidates. He seems to think the “liberal” media is creating stars to defeat or deflect Mitt Romney. Rush is getting very hard for me to understand these days.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that residents of Duryea want to file a lawsuit against the council claiming the government leaders did not protect the residents from the flood of 2011. I can understand their frustration but if any money is gained by a lawsuit, it will come out of their taxpayer money. And last I looked, you can’t indict public officials for indifference, stupidity, laziness or incompetence. The place to get even and justice is at the ballot box.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that the Milwaukee Brewers are the only team to be in three divisions of the American League. In 1970 they were the Seattle Pilots in the West, then in the 80s they were in the East (who can forget that ’82 pennant race with Baltimore) then they wound up in the Central. Then the Brewers switched leagues and are now in the National League. If they win the pennant and series, their odyssey will be something historic for baseball.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that Presidential candidate Herman Cain wants to adopt a 50 state strategy. In the primary that might work as it did for Barack Obama in ’08 but it will cost a great deal of money. In the genera;l election, it will be a waste of time and resources. Better off to concentrate on the electoral rich states.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that Paul McCartney got married again. McCartney married someone closer to his own age this time 51 year old American heiress Nancy Shevell. Still, Sir Paul stuck to the Yonki age parameters of going young the second time around. There is an 18 year difference. She appears to be normal, has her own money and just might inspire him to do some new songs. It’ll be a win win for everyone.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that at Wednesday night’s League of Women Voter’s Forum, only 50 County residents showed up. That’s par for the course. My forums got about 75 tops. Some around 50. Maybe I shouldn’t be amazed that the two Urbans, Steve and Steve, one a Democrat and one a Republican were MIA. The funny part is many people will vote for them because of name recognition not attendance.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that Governor Tom Corbett is finally making the case for school vouchers. This is something Republican governors since Tom Ridge have been advocating. Surprisingly enough, a lot of support for this is coming from inner city schools.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that the union in Scranton is getting involved in defending the fired prison guards over the escape of a local scumbag killer Michael Simonson. Bottom line is this: they left him alone, unwatched. To blame it on the prison management is really cowardly and pretty lame. You were either too lazy, stupid or incompetent to realize some set of eyes had to be on this guy. Or maybe it was a case of “Not my job man”. If that’s the case, you got your wish, “you don’t have that job man!” And if the union reinstates these guys, if I were a Lackawanna County taxpayer, I’d storm the powers that be over this. Prison wardens and County Commissioners hire people to do this job. They didn’t and now their canned asses should stay canned.
MAYBE I'M AMAZED........that Milwaukee player Nyjer Morgan got off a few "F" bombs after the Brewers won their way into the pennant series last week on national TV. The TBS reporter wasn't prepared for it.
MAYBE I'M AMAZED.........that twenty King's College students will be mentoring Juveniles on behalf of the county justice system. My next door neighbors this year from King's are great. But as far as some of the other students I've run into since the kids have been living in the north end....let's just say "fingers crossed".

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on comments about the prison. And Go Brew Crew.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the Council candidate's comments. I wasn't one bit surprised that only Kathy Dobash used her opportunity to attack another candidate. Talk about NO class!

Duryea residents want to sue Council because they didn't prevent the flood ........ why inthe hell would that amaze you? You're talking about duryea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home