Friday, June 08, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2083, June 8th, 2012

"Maybe I'm Amazed" logo. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that the Scranton Parking Authority is broke and needs money from the city of Scranton. With the high parking rates in the city of Scranton, the punitive enforcement (you miss one minute and a blood sucking traffic bottom feeder is there to give you a ticket, ) plus the almost $100.00 a month per parking place in the city garages, with all of that money coming in, how the hell are they broke? The answer has to be a bloated staff of pencil pushers that have their jobs because they are politically connected. All of Pennsylvania cities need to get out of the authority business and subcontract it out to private business. Then there will be no need to borrow from Peter to pay Paul, a practice that dates back to the city of Scranton since the early 90s. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that in Wilkes Barre the sky has not fallen in. There appears to be a chink in the City Council armour of silence and arrogance and his name is Tony George. George has demanded that LAG Towing produce their bills to see just exactly how they are benefiting from the having the city towing contract. It is amazing to me how to former officers of law enforcement, George and Bill Barrett can be so different on how their approach the job of Council member. Tony wants to know the facts and Bill, well we have no idea what Bill has been doing the last few terms on Council. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that parents need to be reminded not to misbehave at their kids graduations. A school in Ohio said they would forcibly remove loud, boisterous people who cheer because their little darling made it out of high school. I can understand being proud but don’t take the spotlight away from the kid before or after yours. I got news for you, you may love him or her to death but in the real world, he or she wont be special. Unless you can get them a job at the Scranton Parking Authority. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……at the Hanover Area Junior girl who nearly burned her house down by lighting papers in a celebratory bonfire in her backyard after school let out this week. Obviously the kid never paid attention in Environmental Science class. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……at how the San Antonio Spurs flamed out in the NBA Finals. San Antonio by the way is the arm pit of the world and the home to one of the bloodsucking on line travel companies. Glad they lost. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that if I had a dime for every time I heard the phrase from a woman these days “My baby's father told me to…………….”, I’d be writing this from a beach in the Bahamas. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that people are shocked that the Pope’s butler started to spill the beans about irregularities he heard about in the Holy See. People who work gossip. Even at the highest levels. Now some don’t steal documents but I have found that the most vicious gossips I ran into at work are men, not women. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that the Mets finally have a pitcher that hurled a no hitter. With Tom Seaver, Dwight Gooden, David Cone and Nolan Ryan pitching them elsewhere, the Mets cupboard was bare until Johan Santana pitched one last Friday. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that when there were numerous tribute to the late State Senator Charles Lemmond this week in the area newspapers, just a page or two away was a blurb about former Senator Ray Musto’s corruption trial again being postponed until October. Talk about comparison and contrast. 
MAYBE I'M AMAZED….that former NIU Chief for Lackawanna County brought a book to his hearing at the Federal Courthouse in Scranton the other day. Rosetti looked like a guy waiting for his wife and daughter at the Mall while they were shopping. However, Rosetti really made a splash when he sprinted out of the Courthouse to a waiting car. If Steady Freddie ran in the St. Ubaldo’s race in Jessup, there would be no contest. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..................................that a polar bear can smell a seal 20 miles away. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that former Steeler Kordell Stewart finally retired after being non active for seven years. Old number 10 got himself reactivated for a day to retire as a Steeler.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that for $6700.00, you could buy a one of a kind table fashioned out of a fallen maple tree on the property of the late Ted Williams. The Splendid Splinter still is making big dough on the wood associated with him. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that this Sunday is the finale of Madmen. The show came on the air again after an 18 month hiatus and has been airing for the last 11 Sundays. It is one of the best dramas on TV.

4 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are truly fantastic ideas in regarding blogging.
You have touched some fastidious factors here. Any way
keep up writing.

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have to wonder why the Authority is in financial trouble. Seems to me that the staffing issue shold be easily delt with. They need a leader (manager), some clerical staff because there is always a paper moster to deal with and of course enforcement people. So where is the heavy expense? The only thing I wonder is what the cost of maintenance of the parking facility and meters could possibly be? This might very well be a situation where a good private business manager or even a certified public manager can take a look and put some real management directives in place.

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they made AG hopeful Kathy Kane pay her parking tickets, they would be back in the black....

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous JUNCTION said...

WOW, a little rough with the "Bottom Feeder" term. I ask you do you know of of these ticket folks?
If not I would be cautious on your words. If you do I would think they might be knocking on your front door if I were one of them.
They are doing an honest job. Just like a tax collector.
It is not their fault that the SPA is in the shape it is in.
As long as there are parking meters there will be folks putting tickets on vehicles and that DY is a fact of life. No matter what you want to call them.
Next time wear a watch when you put money in the meter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home