Friday, June 29, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2107, June 29th, 2012

“Maybe I’m Amazed” logo. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that because I was so busy with new responsibilities, maintaining this site and just living my life, that I neglected to note the passing of Gordan McFadden. McFadden was a retired military man I met at King’s College in the 1990s. As an alumni, I used the exercise room with its bikes and stair masters. Gordy was the guy who manned the front desk and always had a kind and encouraging word. He was friendly but firm. We had many a discussion about life in Wilkes Barre and the world and I was sorry to see he had passed away.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that people who can find the money for cigarettes, cigar bars, X Boxes, designer purses and hundreds of dollars worth of tattoos all over their bodies can’t scrape up enough money for insurance coverage. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that one of the most widely anticipating “sporting events” on the Fourth of July is the Nathan’s Annual Hot Dog Eating contest on Coney Island, New York. Go Joey Chestnut!!!! 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…....................that a woman from Nanticoke asked to use the rest room at KRZ FM in Pittston Township. She then proceeded to bring her dogs in the building and have them run wild. After in her car, she then attempted to throw a beat down on the local gendarmes. Her visit to the radio station brought new meaning to the song, “Who Let the Dogs Out”.  
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the Corbett administration tells people with a straight face that the new budget for Pennsylvania is a good piece of legislation and the right thing to do. It of course slashes human services but gives big tax breaks to the energy barons. But he is doing what he told us he would do. Don’t blame me, I voted for Onorato. Maybe more people should have! 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….that a lot of guys I know religiously watch the Wimbledon finals when my girl, Maria Sharapova is involved. She has a Grand Slam to her credit, recently winning the French Open. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton’s wife said that the slugger’s drug abuse came from “the devil” himself. The devil didn’t have anything to do with it, it was Hamilton’s own backslide into that world. Besides, I always thought the devil wore a blue dress. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that Giants ace Tim Lincecum is a mere 2-8 this season. But you have to give the San Francisco pitcher credit for blocking the plate with his lithesome form the other night. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….at how easy WNEP TV weathercaster Michelle Rotella has adapted to the fast paced repartee on the WILK Morning News with Webster and Nancy. Rotella replaced Joe Snedecker this week while he was on vacation and was a blast. Could we possibly see a LuLac “Women We Love” nomination coming at the end of the year? 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….................that in Texas it is illegal to graffiti any of your neighbor’s cows.  
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that Jim Thome has 13 walk off home runs. Thome now holds the record that previously stood at 12. The people who held it? Babe Ruth, Stan Musial, Jimmy Foxx, Mickey Mantle and Frank Robinson. Can we reserve a plaque for Thome in Cooperstown? Without a doubt! 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that your big toe only has two bones while the rest of them have three. See, I paid attention in that Medical Terminology class at LCCC.

5 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more story about people that can purchase any product but can't help pay for their medical insurance. A fellow worker was behind a disabled man at the local convince store. He purchased "$300" worth of lottery tickets. $300 folks. Bet if Gov. Corbett had a plan for him to help pay that insurance, Corbett would be just a terrible guy. Maybe the people like him need their human services slashed!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
7:50PM
GOOD POST. I AGREE. I THINK IF PEOPLE ARE ON DISABILITY OR ON WELFARE, THERE SHOULD BE A TRACK ON THEIR SPENDING HABITS. I'M A LIBERAL IN TERMS OF HELPING PEOPLE BUT THAT HELP COMES WITH CONSEQUENCES. YOU TAKE THE MONEY, YOU DON'T ABUSE IT WITH $300 WORTH OF LOTTERY TICKETS. IF THAT'S BIG BROTHER, SO BE IT. I GUARANTEE WHEN THAT STUPID SON OF A BITCH RUNS OUT OF MONEY BECAUSE HE DIDN'T BUDGET CORRECTLY, HE'LL BE CRYING POVERTY AT THE NEAREST FOOD BANK. LIBERALS SHOULD HAVE COMPASSION BUT NOT BE SUCKERS.

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caar accident victims are not charity cases, the car's insurance covers all medical expenses of anyone injured in a car accident.

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Junction said...

Maybe if WNEP just fired Joe S. we would all be the happier.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Maybe if WNEP just fired Joe S. we would all be the happier.
NOT ME. US GUYS BORN ON FEB. 19th HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home