Friday, October 05, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2218, October 5th, 2012

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that so many political people were shocked that Mitt Romney did so well in that first debate the other night. Romney has been running for President for five years. His messages have been all over the place because he has played to various audiences. He certainly had practice slicing up the likes of Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich in the primaries. And don’t underestimate the contribution of Rick Santorum against Romney. Santorum was like a dog nipping at his heels and was relentless. That in a very strange way helped Romney fine tune his attacks against the President. Plus Romney practiced more and seemed to be more engaging and eager. In effect, Romney looked like he wanted the job and Obama looked like he was tired of having it. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………..that since division play in baseball began in 1969, the Yankees have won 18 division titles, the Braves 16 and the Athletics 15. The Phillies have 11. The interesting thing about the Phillies and Yankees is that they did not win their first division title until 1976. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that every ton of recycled paper that is used actually saves 17 trees. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that people who come here from Philadelphia to hide out on murder charges actually think they are going to get away with anything. I love it that these thugs think the police here are either too dumb or cowardly to take them on. The recent shooting at Sherman Hills should dissuade any criminal from hanging in Wilkes barre. Our best wishes to Police member Stash in his recovery. Out of towners should read this box score: Police 1, Wanted criminals 0. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….that men get hiccups more than women. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that some of our posters are actually gathering a following. I get more e mails about the identity of the Professor than I do for my “13 Questions” feature. As for his identity, I have my suspicions but csan’t really be sure. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…………..that I got more than 5 phone calls from an Obama operative named “Ya Ya” before the debates. “Ya Ya” repeatedly called me and invited me to watch the debate at headquarters in downtown Wilkes Barre. Each time I politely declined telling “Ya Ya” who is an Obama super volunteer that I’d be watching at home armed with a legal pad, my diet Snapple and a small pack of Goldfish. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…………..that the Pittsburgh Pirates missed out on having an above .500 season this year. Well maybe I shouldn’t be so amazed since in one game the Pirates had 4 hits but seven errors in a 12-2 loss to the Cubs. The last team to do that was the 1931 Boston Braves. When you have a game like that against the Cubs, you aren’t going anywhere near a playoff berth. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………..that the Phillies have finally made Hall of Famer Ryan Sandburg an offer to sit at the right hand of Phillies manager Charlie Manuel. Sandburg who has been the skipper of the Iron Pigs has paid his dues and most likely will succeed Manuel when the club feels it is time for him to go. Manuel who was underestimated by the Phillie press when he was first hired (everyone was in love with Jim Leyland) showed them a thing or two about winning division titles and a World Series. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…………that the next debate featuring Vice President Joe Biden and Congressman Paul Ryan will gather more ratings than the first Presidential one the other night. Biden is going to be unfettered and will be less cautious than he was against Sarah Palin in 2008. Ryan, who will hold his own,  will do well not to underestimate Joe Biden in their only meet up. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….that I used the word “underestimate” three times in this edition of LuLac.

3 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Republicans say the fix was in regarding the job numbers! Of course they do. Thats what they'd do! Thats politics according to the GOP so dont scream now. Numbers probably are jived one way or the other most times. Thats what numbers are for in politics.
Geez, ask Little Karl Rove.

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I should be amazed by how well Romney did but in fact, I'm amazed at how poorly Obama did. So much for playing it safe and sitting on a lead. It isn't a good rule in sports and it is a terrible rule in politics. Obama needs lessons from a butcher and in the next debate, cut right to the truth. If Romney plays his bully games and lies the way he did during that first debate then Obama had better be prepared to take him to the wood shed. Yes, I was shocked and very disappointed with Obama. I haven't changed my mind because one debate or the ability to bully does not a president make. I believe that Obama is the man I believe him to be and if the Republican Congress would begin to cooperate rather than play politics, things can change and we can be better for it.

Wil Toole

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Aggie95 said...

well Mr.toole you could indeed be right ....or .....it could be as we suggested all along that obama is an empty suit and without someone's hand up the back of his shirt making his mouth move he is what he is.... a telipromper with feet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home