Monday, October 22, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2239, October 22nd, 2012

Mitt Romney and Barack Obama make their points with CBS News’ Bob Schieffer who served as moderator. 

THE DEBATE FINALE 


President Obama and Governor Mitt Romney faced off in a Foreign Policy debate that should cement their qualifications or lack thereof with the minuscule amount of undecided voters. Tonight Mitt Romney looked like a bobble head doll that kept on agreeing with the President’s Foreign policy. President Obama on the other hand looked totally exasperated as he saw Romney change his previous positions right before his eyes. The disagreements Romney brought up had to do with economics. Romney said that America could be a stronger leader in Foreign policy and the world if our financial footing was better. President Obama defended his record and took shots at Romney’s prior positions. 
Interestingly enough, Romney defended himself but barely not disrespecting the President and reiterating policies that have been in place since 2009. To be sure there were disagreements but in my opinion they were cosmetic. But there were differences. Obama said he had ended the war in Iraq, was on a path to end the U.S. combat role in Afghanistan and has vowed to bring justice to the attackers of the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi last month — an assault that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans. He also jabbed at Romney’s having said during the campaign that Russia is the United States’ No. 1 geopolitical foe. Romney meanwhile gave a compliment to the President regarding the death of Osama Bin Laden but he did say we can’t kill our way out of terrorism. Romney also said that despite early hopes, the ouster of despotic regimes in Egypt, Libya and elsewhere over the past year has resulted in a “rising tide of chaos.” He said the President has failed to come up with a coherent policy to grapple with change sweeping the Middle East, and he added ominously that an al-Qaida-like group has taken over northern Mali. 
Monday night marked the third time in less than a week that the president and his challenger shared a stage, following the contentious hour and a half town-hall-style meeting last Tuesday on Long Island and a white-tie charity dinner (The Al Smith Foundation dinner in New York) two nights later where gracious compliments were mixed with humorous barbs. 
This debate, unlike previous debates really did not change anything regarding major differences in American Foreign policy. Romney, even though he look uncomfortable at times displayed a working knowledge of the world. Since Sarah Palin, the Foreign policy bar has been set pretty low. President Obama on the other hand defended his policies, finally talked about a vision as to where he was going to go in a second term and had a forceful closing. 
The debates are now over. Unlike previous years, they had an impact. Debate number 1 legitimized Mitt Romney as a viable alternative to undecided voters. The second and third debates gave President Obama a chance to climb out of the hole he dug for himself in the first outing. But there haven’t been any knockouts. Polls are pretty much fluid in terms of one candidate up or down. Some are dead even. 
The last two weeks will now depend on ground games, get out the vote efforts, a flow of ads to battleground states and a concentration on about 10 states out of the 50 United. It will be like watching 10 races for Governor or Senator. And each state will be winner take all. Hang on to your hat. If you are a political junkie, you’ll love it. If you are tired and hope it will all go away, it won’t. If you have no opinion, call the coroner. It’s going to be a wild ride. And there’s no debate about that.

11 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A solid win for the President and it should push him over the victory line in a couple of weeks. The GOP must be driven from power where ever possible.

BJS

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Junction said...

With everything said about last nights debate I was sort of glad there was a MLB game on at the same time. Sorry,I call them as I see them. Go Tigers.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Professor Milburn Cleaver, OPA said...

Good morning Students,

I am sorry that I have not been available, however as I noted I am using up some of my remaining vacation hours prior to my upcoming retirement. I spent a long weekend in the Lone Star State (for those of you ingrates who are confused, that means the state of Texas) as a guest at the ranch of a friend in the oil industry. I must tell you, that unless you have a genuine Texan steak, you have not eaten steak. It is my assumption that most of you if you have indeed enjoyed a steak have done so at a local restaurant chain. A grand time was had by all as we discussed the upcoming contest and the relief to have as of January a leader who does not believe in cars that you need to recharge, owls we need to save, or foods we need to eat.

The business of this classroom moves forward……..

Students,

I am not going to waste my time discussing last night’s debate. It is evident that Pres. Elect Romney had it all over the hapless incumbent. What I do wish to discuss is my departure date from this cesspool of ignorance, old aged bigotry and plain sheer perversion that is the makeup of this classroom. For the record, I will deliver a lecture on Monday Nov. 5th and on the following election day. As I have meetings scheduled for the day after I will not be available. ON Thursday, when I will be able to officially congratulate Mr. Romney on his election I will lay out my hopes and aspirations for his term in office. Finally on Friday, I will deliver a brief message to our outgoing President and cap that off with a personal message to all of you. I will not go into details at this time.

To the malcontent who asked me to promise to retire if Pres. Obama is re-elected I have but one message. “Please, stop the drugs and the alcohol intake. Your mind is clouded with rose colored fantasies where the streets are made of marijuana and the rivers are flowing with whiskey. Step back into the real world young man.” In other words, the prospects of a second term by the incumbent are as likely as you layabouts scoring a B grade in this classroom (or, to the young hussy in the back with the mini skirt and torn stockings---a D). The problem with the downfall of American culture has been the indulgence of parents upon their children. Most of you were told you were special growing up. Most of you boys were told by Daddy that you were the greatest Little League or Pee Wee football player ever. Most of you young ladies were told by Mommy that you were ten times prettier and more charming than the Homecoming Queen. Allow me to welcome you into the real world, for a while. You are not special. Only if you increase your mind and work or strive for success can you even stand a chance of being “special”. And remember, just because Mommy and Daddy described you as the greatest it isn’t going to amount to a hill of beans in the eyes of your future boss at Burger World.

Something to think about this morning……….
Class Dismissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And these people get to vote!
A man shot his 9 year old niece thinking she was a skunk because she was dressed like a skunk for Halloween. That would be a damn big ass skunk! Good thing the idiot had a gun. Redneck Pennsylvania has nothing on Alabama. I hope the kid is OK and the dumb SOB gets charged to the max. A few dozen well placed shotgun pellets would serve him right. Why would anyone blast away at a skunk anyway? I sincerely hope this fool doesnt vote. I bet he's worried about his gun rights.

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm off the fence. Label me the full Romney. Straight Republican on the national level and against every state and local incumbent. Term limit the b@$!@r%s out.

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Prof,

I am the malcontent you refer to in your latest fantasy post. I am 65, retired and still working part time, a combat veteran of a war you no doubt avoided and not a young man. I've enjoyed your assinine posts for some time and would like to offer to buy a drink to celebrate President Obama's reelection provided you can get a day pass from the institution where you are currently housed. You can invite Tinkerbelle and the Tooth Fairy along if you'd like.
Just please go away one way or the other and remember to take your meds.

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Professor Milburn Cleaver, OPA said...

Anon, 1026:

There is nothing more pathetic sir, than an older man attending school. For if you could not learn (or wish to pay attention) when you were young, what is to make me believe your intentions are honorable now????

Now, SIR, I ACCEPT your kind invitation to have a drink on you following the President's re-election. As an aside, following our "drink" I will personally take you as a guest to my club. We can enjoy a good meal that would cost you a months Social Security Check, and more important, IT will all be on my TAB!

OF course, this will not occur as Mr. Obama will not be reelected. I will however, forward you some fast food coupons I received in my mail. Usually I merely throw them in the trash, but I assume you can use them.

SIR,
You are Dismissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...


Prof,
What? You just dont make sense in a real or imagined world.
However I accept your kind invitation win or lose. I dont eat fast food and I am not attending school having graduated many years
ago. Your club? I've dined in some of the countrys finest including the local top of the line spots over these many years and I prefer to go low key.
Once again, sir you are in no position and can in no way dismiss me so get that that out of your head for once and for all. You might also get your head out of its current location!
No comment I see on your lack of service. My credentials are real and I earned my Social Security check. I currently live in one of the Counties higher tax locations
on a corner lot. I earned that too. Say goodnight to Tinkerbelle.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
There is nothing more pathetic sir, than an older man attending school. For if you could not learn (or wish to pay attention) when you were young, what is to make me believe your intentions are honorable now????
HOLD ON PROFESSOR. THERE ARE MANY ADULTS WHO GO BACK TO SCHOOL BECAUSE THEY GOT LAID OFF. I WAS ONE OF THEM. I WAS IN CLASS WITH MANY "OLDER" ADULTS WHO HAD THE COURAGE TO RE-EDUCATE THEMSELVES. WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, I CALL THAT HEROIC, NOT PATHETIC.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Professor Milburn Cleaver, OPA said...

Anon: 10:51:

SIR,
"Counties"????? I assume you mean "county's". Proper grammar is very important, for it enhances the respect one receives.

And, regarding my military service, four years in the U.S. Army attaining the rank of Captain. Not to mention combat service to my nation in WWII.

Please, do a brush up on the grammar. I would offer you an invitation in view of Governor Romney's upcoming victory, but I do not feel you would fit in with the cultured crowd I walk amongst.
And although I have accepted an invitation to "hang" with you in light of an Obama victory it was merely a reflection of my supreme confidence in the fallacy of such an event. For it would be quite embarrassing to "dwell" in the club with you in tow.

I have no use for slackers, sir. But, if I am to be fair to them, I must admit that they have no use for me.

You are Dismissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are correct. I spelled Countys wrong. That makes me a complete moron and negates me and my opinion I guess. All you know about WWII is what youve read in books. Your arrogance is supreme. You probably still have slaves! This will be the last time I respond to a phantom. The difference between you and I is that I would buy you a drink in true sincerity which I really cant do because you dont exist, asshole! I think I spelled that right! Kiss Tinkerbelle goodnight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home