Saturday, June 29, 2013

The LuLac Edition #2458, June 29th, 2013

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….that according to a report from WBRE TV’ s Joe Holden, Wilkes Barre City Police have their press release on a clipboard. What is the city paying spokespeople for? And what if someone just takes all of them? There has to be a better way to keep the community aware of crime and its aftermath. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that after a long stay here, the aforementioned Holden is on his way to Pittsburgh to extend his talents. Look for him to make a lot of news and break some big stories in the Iron City.  
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Billy Joe Kramer of Billy Joe Kramer and the Dakotas has the same pitch today that he did back in 1965. 
 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane refuses to answer questions about her political relationship with currently incarcerated former Senator Bob Mellow. Kane might be prosecuting Mellow in the Turnpike case and should step down as lead Prosecutor. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that the long awaited Wendy’s Pretzel Bun Burger is on the way. The burger will hit the stores in about two weeks. Cost about 4 bucks. I’d break my fast food price rule and try it. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that everyone knows the story of Dave Thomas and Wendy’s and of course the McDonald brothers and Ray Kroc. But not many people know the orgins of Burger King. It was original known as Insta Burger because two men, Keith Kramer and Matt Burns bought two machines called Insta Broilers. They began making Burgers, broiled and dubbed their stores Insta Burger King. In the early 60s, a franchisee David Edgarton bought the company from the duo. It was renamed Burger King and purchased by Pillsbury. It has gone through corporate changes since then but has been trailing McDonald’s. But BK has a following and is still an iconic American food franchise. 
My typewriter from high school that traveled with me to Washington, D.C. and King’s College. (Photo: LuLac archives). 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that the typewriter was invented in Milwaukee in 1867. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that people on the right are coming after Senate members Marco Rubio and John McCain because of their support for immigration. But it will take a big lift to get it passed in the House. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that Vice President Joe Biden has reemerged after having to have seemed submerged the last few weeks. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that Tasty-Kake now has an Orange Creamsicle Pie out. WYLN’s Mike Lula says they are fantastic but in limited supply. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the Paula Deen story just has gotten out of hand. Let her sell the new cookbook, give her space, let her fade away until she does what most fallen celebrities are allowed to do in America, make a comeback. But until then, give her, the story and us a rest. We need it.
Ladies checking out the Fashion Truck. (Photo: FashionTruck.com) 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that while Scranton is fighting about Food Trucks, Philadelphia has expanded to Fashion Trucks. Young ladies can stop by a truck and get an outfit to style rapidly and in class. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that it will be 5 years tomorrow since St. John the Baptist Church in Pittston closed. Tomorrow, look for a special edition of LuLac. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that after 150 years, a new map reveals the thought process of Confederate General Robert E. Lee. The map gives an insight into his decision making process. Many wonder why Lee had his commanders attack the Union flank when in past battles he was canny and shrewd in his decisions. The simple answer may be that with the rolling Pennsylvania hillsides, Lee may not have seen the huge Union Army amassed and poised to defend.

9 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh joy, can't wait for the edition tomorrow. More Bishop bashing?

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, Saw you and Tarone on TV last last night. I think you should join him more because the discussions on the Supreme Court rulings were very compelling. Both of you had valid points.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved Billy Joe Kramer and the Dakotas. By the way, I came across your WARM blog site. THat is fantastic. WARM was one of my favorite stations. I listen to it now with True Oldies but it's not the same. Thanks for keeping us WARM fans entertained with your wonderful WARM memories.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back with my wife in Tennessee and one day she said to me
"Virgil, quick, come see, there goes Robert E. Lee"

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget Paula Deen. There are far more dangerous bigots and poisonous haters spoiling the American landscape. They cook up violent rhetoric and murderous plots against our troops, our citizens and our allies 24/7. And they have direct access to the White House.

Earlier this week, the Investigative Project on Terrorism blew the whistle on the Obama administration's latest flirtation with Muslim jihad. Sheikh Abdullah bin Bayyah bragged on his website that he had met with Team Obama on June 13.

As jihad watchdogs have reported, the administration has rolled out the red carpet for dozens of Muslim Brotherhood officers, flacks and sympathizers. IPT noted last year: "White House visitor logs show that top U.S. policy-makers are soliciting and receiving advice from people who, at best, view the war on terrorism as an unchecked war on Muslims. These persons' perspectives and preferred policies handcuff law enforcement and weaken our resolve when it comes to confronting terrorism."

We need a zero tolerance policy for jihadist infiltrators and coddlers in Washington. Let's make the most transparent administration ever live up to the hype.

I suggest the White House be required to raise the black flag of Islamic jihad at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue every time President Obama welcomes these treacherous visitors.

Even better: Let's take a page from Kanye West and project the names of all the Ikhwan-linked goons who are allowed to darken the White House doorstep onto the side of the Old Executive Office Building for all to see -- along with their most infamous hate videos and fatwas against Jews, infidels, gays, women and U.S. soldiers. No more play dates with Muslim jihad behind closed doors.

Light 'em up.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
3:45 PM
I SAW ON YOUR POST YOU SPELLED PAULA DEEN'S NAME CORRECTLY. I'LL CHANGE IT IN MY COPY. APPARENTLY I CAN'T WRITE SOUTHERN AS WELL AS SPEAK IT.

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, I just watched Topic A from last night. Where did you get that suit?

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

9:22

I suspect Mrs LuLac is lamenting Tyrone's fashion influence on our editor.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Dave, I just watched Topic A from last night. Where did you get that suit?
THAT SUIT IS 18 YEARS OLD. I BOUGHT IT FROM THE LATE HERMAN DAVIS WHEN I WAS WORKING AT ROCK 107. IN FACT I BOUGHT THREE TROPICAL WEIGHT SUITS, AN OLIVE< A NAVY BLUE AND A TAN. THE TAN I GAVE AWAY WHEN I GAINED A LOT OF WEIGHT IIN 2000. BUT I HELD ON TO THE OLIVE AND NAVY HOPING I COULD FIT INTO THEM. THE BLUE PHOTOGRAPHS VERY WELL ON TV.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home