Monday, August 12, 2013

The LuLac Edition #2492, August 12th, 2013

THE HALL OF FAMER 

Hall of Famer Karel Zubris. (Photo: Facebook)

Zubris at the 2013 Luzerne County Sports Hall of Fame with Sue Henry, Sports Broadcaster Joe Thomas heard daily noon to 3pm with "The Lineup" on 102.3 NBC Sports Radio, brother in law Rob Nerbecki and sister Sue Nerbecki. (Photo: Facebook)

KAREL IN THE HALL!!!!

The first member of any Hall of Fame I ever met was back when I was only 7 and the late, great baseball legend Jimmy Foxx threw out the first ball at the Junction Flats. Years later when I wrote a Sports column for a local newspaper, I was honored to meet more than 100 baseball, football, boxing and basketball Hall of Famers. But who knew I was working and associating with a future one. 
Heck, I was even going to church sitting near her and her husband!!! I mean who knew??!!?? But I’m happy to report that my friend Karel Zubris has been inducted into the Luzerne County Hall of Fame for her many contributions to furthering the sport of Ice Skating in this area. Karel has donated many hours in tutoring young people in the fine art of skating. She even got L.A. Tarone n the Ice at Coal Street Park a few years back.See below. (Photo: LuLac archives.)

A very hearty congratulations for an honor that is well deserved and will only serve as an inspiration to others to follow her great example and teach and mentor.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, nice recognition for a great lady and a tenacious media wonk. Loved her work at the trials of the Judges in '11.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the early 80's I too once got L.A. Tarone on the ice. Seems we spilled our drinks... ;>)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home