Tuesday, February 04, 2014

The LuLac Edition #2594, February 4th, 2014

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.


MAYBE I’M AMAZED

MAYBE I’M AMAZED………..that now things are going to get really interesting when the Luzerne County Council starts to invoke its powers of investigation to get to the bottom of the LCTA “Ghost rider” situation. Kudos to my friend Sue Henry of WILK and Commission Vice Chair Edd Brominski for bringing this up. The problem here is authorities can do whatever they want. That has to change but in the meantime while we bash the LCTA for pumping up figures, I’d love to see a statewide audit of everybody from the Department of Transportation. I’d love to see the veracity of numbers from SEPTA. In the meantime, another little rumor that turned into a truth.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….that on Thursday the last mining vestige in Luzerne County came crashing down. The Huber Breaker came down and just like the land where the Sterling stood, green grass will occupy the site. The Economic Development types have been running away from our coal heritage for so long that this would be inevitable. The big shots at the Chambers do have a heritage of their own. Like the mine owners they purposely keep the wages of workers in this region down. There has been no attempt to attract any company of consequence. But they pat people on the head making 8 bucks an hour and tell them how much their work ethic is appreciated. In the meantime, young people around here know nothing of the sacrifices made by those working in the mines. It’s as if it never happened.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………..that no one seems to be getting excited about this year’s Governor’s race yet. It’s early though so we’ll see.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………..that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is going on the offensive after still another accusation of his knowledge of highway gate. Look, this guy is done and now you are going to see the implosion of a political career.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………..that a tiger’s night vision is six times greater than a human’s.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…………at how AMC every Super Bowl Sunday just knows the right movies to pick to counter program for sports. Brilliant.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that now the surviving Boston Bomber might be spared the death penalty. Sorry, I say if he is guilty, sentence him to death. But then kill him without fanfare and announce it six months after you did it. Don’t give him a final circus show to take a few bows in.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that there were so many State of The Union Rebuttals given by so many people this year that I’d bet even money that next year the GOP will invite Anthony Antonello or Frank Sorick to get their two cents in.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that my favorite car wash, Mr. Kleen in Exeter had over 500 cars coming through their business on Saturday. Wow. The owner told the Citizen’s Voice that he made more in that one day than in the horrible, miserable god awful insufferable death month of January.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that a man was charged with hiding drugs in his buttocks by police. Man how’d ya like to smoke that stash? I mean if I’m a parent and I want to stop my kid from taking drugs, this case is exhibit A. And the kicker, the guy’s last name is Brightman. Yes indeed. 
MAYBE I'M AMAZED.......at the uproar from right wing "Americans" who were insulted by the Coca A Cola commercial where people of different ethnicities sang "America The Beautiful". You  should have seen the screaming and crying on Face Book. To these people, if it ain't white...it ain't right. To ease their mind, here's something they'd be more comfortable with. 

6 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I’d love to see the veracity of numbers from SEPTA. In the meantime, another little rumor that turned into a truth."
AREYOU SERIOUS? HOW IN GOD'S NAME DID THEY DETERMINE THE 'TRUTH?' i HAVE TO ASSUME THEY HAD A TIME MACHINE TO LOOK BACK AT THE COUNTING SYSTEM. BROMO HAS HAD A ROD ON FOR STRELISH FROM THE GET GO AND THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT BROMO'S DUE DILIGENCE WILL COST THE COUNTY MILLIONS AND YOU SEEM THRILLED. MORE PROOF POSITIVE THAT EVEN YOU YONK NEED TO TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT OCCASIONALLY AND SEE WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON AND NOT JUST THROW STONES AT YOUR FAVORITE TARGET.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
"I’d love to see the veracity of numbers from SEPTA. In the meantime, another little rumor that turned into a truth."
JESUS CALM DOWN. THE LCTA HAS NOT BEEN A TARGET, I'M JUST REPORTING WHAT WAS ON THE RADIO AND IN THE NEWSPAPERS AS I SEE IT. DID YOU GET MY POINT ABOUT SEPTA? DO YOU REALLY THINK LUZERNE COUNTY IS THE ONLY ONE COOKING THE NUMBERS? LOOK, IF YOU RELY ON GRANTS, YOU DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET THE BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. WITHIN REASON. MY POINT IS THAT I BET IF YOU LOOK THE LCTA WASN'T THE ONLY ONE.
AUTHORITIES CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT. SOMETIMES THAT'S GOOD IN THE CASE OF THE FOUNDING OF NORTHEAST BASEBALL IN THE 80s AND SOMETIMES IT'S NOT SO GOOD. THAT'S ALL I'M SSAYING.

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonk I hear in the spirit of bringing people together you are having a birthday bash inviting Bromo, Stanley Strelish, Kathy Dobash and Jim Bobeck. THe theme will be "Give Peace A Chance".

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Yonk I hear in the spirit of bringing people together you are having a birthday bash inviting Bromo, Stanley Strelish, Kathy Dobash and Jim Bobeck. THe theme will be "Give Peace A Chance".
VERY TRUE. AND THEN I'M GOING TO PREVIEW MY NEW MEN'S FASHION BLOG WITH HEIDI KLUM AS MY ADVISER. RATHER ARGUE ABOUT FABRIC THAN POLITICS ANYMORE!
Y'ALL COME.

 
At 6:16 AM, Anonymous JUNCTION said...

Dave I agree on your comment in regards to he coal miners and the chamber of commerce. It is a sin that these clowns who elect themselves to the chamber still think the coal mining era wage is an acceptable wage to live on .
Maybe they need to get a taste of working in the dark mines for pennies. I think we should give them a shovel and helmet(OSHA) into the mines. My vote is to start with the Knox mine to send them to.
They are all wet when it comes t the working stiff. Just like you said in comparing them to the owners of these coal mines.

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The LuLac Edition #2594, February 4th, 2014":

How'd ya like to be the poor cop who found that stash of drugs? Man, those poor bastards just don't make enough!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home