Monday, March 16, 2015

The LuLac Edition #2856, March 16th, 2015


MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that the Hazleton Recreation Center will get a 92 inch flat screen seized in a drug raid in 2013. I think that’s wonderful that the Luzerne County DA’s office has helped to make that happen. But I would love to know if the said drug dealers were defended by Public Defenders or not. You have enough money to buy a $6,000 TV, you have enough money to hire a private lawyer.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……to make just one pound of honey, a honey bee must tap about two million flowers.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that no one discovered this until now. Apparently there is a cure for cancer and according to AOL it is outlined on page 859 of The Bible. Man, if we only knew.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that this off year election just might be the most boring (and I even love boring elections) in years. The only races of note in Luzerne County seem to be the Mayoral races in Wilkes Barre and Hazleton. In Lackawanna County there will be the fight for Commissioner with the GOP trying to find two viable candidates and the Democratic going with incumbents John Wansacz and Pat “The Statesman” O’Malley. Let’s see what the turnout is like in this primary.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that in just a few months, providence willing, Queen Elizabeth II will be the longest serving Monarch in England’s history. For many generations there isn’t even a memory of her predecessor, her father King George. If not for the movie “The King’s Speech”, there might not be any thought of him.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that it took me this long to come to the conclusion that Luzerne County taxpayers, you know the ones that play by the rules get screwed. Never minded paying county taxes because it covers a lot of services. But when the Homestead exemption is taken away and then when you find out that the Kingston law firm of Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn; The Highlands, a high end venue located at Newberry Estate in Dallas Township and Dundee Gardens, a place I spent many a spring sitting in my car as Mrs. LuLac went for her plants got exemptions. Wait a minute, is this a Herbert T. Gillis situation where they live behind the store? Nope! 


Herbert T. Gillis played by Frank Faylen lived in the back of the store on The Dobie Gillis program. Think he got a homestead exception? (Photo: thrillingdaysof yesteryearblogspoot.vom) 
The most glaring item was the Westmoreland Club in Wilkes-Barre. Let’s not mention the fact they had to be virtually forced to admit women a few years back but I can guarantee you none of the members live there. But if these businesses can game the system..who am I to say anything? Who should have said something were the people under the dome checking this stuff out. Now collective foreheads are being slapped in shock, shock I tell you that something like this could even happen. New County Controller Michelle Bednar is using her small staff to do what should have been done in the first place: CHECK!!
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….this dovetails into the previous note. In only 7.6 billion years, the sun will reach its maximum size and will shine 3,000 times brighter. Then and only then will Luzerne County have the finances figured out.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Suzanne Somers has always been lampooned and underestimated her entire career. I’ve never been a big fan but as a 68 year old woman trying out on “Dancing With the Stars” (and by the way I’ve never seen the show), I wish her the very best. Hope she kicks some butt tonight.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that Kathy Griffin lasted seven weeks on E’s Fashion Police. For those who aren’t married, “Fashion Police” is a cable show that was hosted successfully by the late Joan Rivers. When Rivers died Griffin, the most annoying entertainer (and I use that word loosely) took her place as host. She resigned via Instagram the other day saying her humor did not fit in with the show’s format. Griffin also said, “"I do not want to use my comedy to contribute to a culture of unattainable perfectionism”. No worries there Kathy! No worries there.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the state of Florida is larger than England. Now if they can get voting right….
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that now we are going to have a show on Cable called “The Real Housewives of Australia”. Nothing like polluting the rest of the world with bad TV.



9 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Stephen Albert said...

Personally, I'm hoping for a "Real Housewives of Plymmitt". Now that would be entertaining.

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. No mention of Walter Jr. gaming the system. Ya know,
the guy who was controller and probably should have known better.

I agree with your comment, but your glaring omission continues to demonstrate that you are in the tank for so many that your opinions lack any real sense of conviction.
I miss the old days of your blog when you were independent.

Now along with WILK WBRE, Walter continues to get your preferential treatment.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the sun will be shining brighter, as its intensity increases does anyone think it might have an influence on the global climate?

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

" You have enough money to buy a $6,000 TV, you have enough money to hire a private lawyer. "

You are making the assumption they paid for the television.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm Amazed...that in only 7.6 billion years, the sun will reach its maximum size, will shine 3,000 times brighter and Americans will STILL be held responsible for "climate change".

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'You have enough money to buy a $6,000 TV, you have enough money to hire a private lawyer.'
Not when you consider that by law, all "assets" (including monies) are seized as ill gotten goods. The perps are rendered penniless. This prevents them - by design - from hiring talented lawyers that if they are even adjudicated, could lessen or eliminate any sentence.
We do not have a justice system. We have a legal system.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Personally, I'm hoping for a "Real Housewives of Plymmitt". Now that would be entertaining.
IN RESPONSE
Let's just hope we didn't date any Steve.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Hmmm. No mention of Walter Jr. gaming the system. Ya know,
the guy who was controller and probably should have known better.
IN RESPONSE
You mean Walter Griffith the former Controller, right? Sorry can't remember everything.

I agree with your comment, but your glaring omission continues to demonstrate that you are in the tank for so many that your opinions lack any real sense of conviction.
I miss the old days of your blog when you were independent.
IN RESPONSE
Yeah I'm so far in the tank for these people I live out at Newberry, drive a BMW and have a three hour a day job as a consultant.
Never claimed to be an Independent by the way.
No idea what WILK and WBRE has to do with it BUT thanks for reading.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

" You have enough money to buy a $6,000 TV, you have enough money to hire a private lawyer. "
You are making the assumption they paid for the television.
IN RESPONSE
Wow, I miss the good old days when I was an Independent and not a dumbass. Great point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home