Thursday, January 05, 2017

The LuLac Edition #3396, January 5th, 2017

TALE OF TWO PRESIDENTS

OBAMA MOST ADMIRED MAN IN AMERICA

President Barack Obama was voted the most admired man in America in 2016. That news was released by the Gallup organization.

MEANWHILE
Tiffany's dad decided to tweet a New Year’s message to all of America. He wrote:
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 31 Dec 2016.
Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!
Various media outlets and pundits say that I thought I was going to lose the election. Wrong, it all came together in the last week and.....I thought and felt I would win big, easily over the fabled 270 (306). When they cancelled fireworks, they knew, and so did I."
This man is by far singularly the most ungracious person on the planet.
Thank God he has Twitter because he certainly has no friends.


HILLARY CLINTON, PRESIDENT CLINTON AND GEORGE W. BUSH TO ATTEND INAUGURATION

It was announced that former Presidents Clinton and Bush as well as former First Lady and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will attend Tiffany's dad’s swearing in. This is going to be a true reflection of the class of Mrs. Clinton. Plus the restraint of Mr. Clinton and Mr. Bush.
I know the President Elect will behave but not sure his unwashed masses will.Like this guy!


MEDIA MATTERS

THE SCARIEST GUY ON THE RADIO?

OH COME NOW!!!!!
Yesterday I finally had the opportunity to call Steve Corbett up on his radio show. My work schedule prohibited it before but I wanted to tell him that I was very happy with his conduct during the election season on WILK. I have always loved talk radio but with that love comes my astonishment at what sometimes passes for reasonable discourse. I told Corbett that I was glad there was someone who took on the people spouting obvious untruths and distortions in 2016. We then had a conversation about sexism, female misogyny, and bigotry that even George Wallace couldn’t even conjure up in 1968. We spoke about the way the GOP attack machine along with Tiffany’s dad has enabled the racism and bad behavior that bubbles above the surface. The call ended, I drove home and Corbett proceeded with his show.
Pulling into the driveway, I heard a caller from Wilkes Barre, I believe it was Jim who called Corbett the scariest thing on the radio. He at one point told the talk show host that he and others should give the new President Elect a chance. Here’s what I thought about that:
NO!
Why should I give this so called President a chance when he has embraced a leader of Russia?
Why should I give this guy a chance when he wants a Muslim registry? I work with Muslims of color and not of color. Does the caller want to put stars on them like the Germans did to the Jews in WWII?
Why should I give this guy a chance who mocked someone who was sick at a 911 event?
Why should I give this guy a chance when he has disavowed the intelligence community that he will be in charge of?
Why should I give this guy a chance when he has no historical appreciation for this office?
Why should I give this guy a chance when he has taken credit for things that pretty much fly in the face of credulity? Carrier jobs? Saved? Any alcohol addled county Commissioner can do that by pouring government money into having a company stay somewhere.
Why should I give this obstructionist sleazy party of cowards, perverts and classless thugs a chance when for the last 8 years they prevented any meaningful legislation from a Democratic President who happened to be black?
Immigration. Guns, Jobs. Health Care premiums. All of those things could have been solved but for the party of no and know nothing.
I will make it my mission to oppose this big man child who cannot control his own impulses.
I will make it my mission to call out his childish behavior as well as the corrupt and controlling Congress that validates his very existence.
As for the Trump supporters, one of the main issues I have with them is the use of their language.
Steve Corbett one of the scariest things on the radio?
The WILK callers don’t know scary. They don’t know scary if they ran into it. Corbett responded and then moved on after Jimmy said his nonsensical peace.
But here’s what is going to be scary.
January 20th, 2017. Noon. Washington, D.C.
January 20th, 2017. 8PM  Moscow, Russia.
Vladimir Putin rubbing his hands together in anticipation. He has his fool at the helm.
No missiles. No nukes. No war games. No invasions.
And all he had to do was say nice things about him.
That’s scary Jimmy boy, that’s scary.

SUNDAY MAGAZINE

This Week on Sunday Magazine
Magic 93's Frankie in the Morning speaks with Kylee McGrane about her "Moment of Magic" project, where college students dress as Disney princesses to visit children in the hospital, and a fundraiser to benefit the project on Saturday Jan 21st at Rodano's in Wilkes Barre.
An encore of Brian Hughes' interview with Mary Bach from AARP about phone scams targeting senior citizens.
And Brian speaks with political analyst Christopher Kelly, who previews President elect Donald Trump's foreign policy.
Sunday Magazine, Sunday morning at 5am on NASH-FM, 93.7, 5:30am on 97BHT, 6am on 97.9X and Sports Radio 590, WARM & 6:25am on Magic 93.

ECTV

ECTV Live is seen on Comcast channel 19 (61 in some areas) and is aired near the Noon, 6pm, and Midnight area daily throughout the week.

BOLD GOLD COMMUNITY FORUM

Tune in Sunday morning at 6 on 94.3 The Talker; 6:30 on NEPA Sports Radio-The Game 1400/1440 am and 106.7 fm; and at 7:30 on 105 The River.


SUE HENRY’S SPECIAL EDITION

Tune in to Sue Henry's "Special Edition" this week as Sue recaps the week's news. The show will run Saturday at 2 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. on WILK, and on KRZ, Froggy and Max 102 early Sunday morning.

BUDDY RUMCHEK

Want to hear some great parodies on the news? Tune in to WILK Radio at 6:40 and 8:40 AM on Mondays. As Ralph Cramden used to say, “It’s a laugh riot!”

KAREL ON THE STREET

Tune in Wednesdays on WILK Radio for Karel on the Street. Hear some of the funniest and heartwarming comments on the issues of the day on Webster and Nancy with Karel Zubris.

BOBBY V’S DOO WOP SOCK HOP!!!!!


1977

Our 1977 logo.

The world's first all-in-one home computer (keyboard/screen/tape storage), the Commodore PET, is demonstrated at the Consumer Electronics Show in Chicago......The Australian state of Queensland abolishes the inheritance tax.....Apple Computer is incorporated......Record company EMI drops the controversial United Kingdom punk rock group the Sex Pistols.

in Pennsylvania Congressman John Heinz takes office as Pennsylvania’s newest Senator….and in LuLac land incumbent Congressmen Dan Flood and Joseph McDade take office in Washington, D.C. Both were handily re-elected in the ’76 election and forty years ago this week the number one song in LuLac land and America was “Tonight's the Night” by Rod Stewart


22 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has the dumpster asked Barney ("I love you, you love me) to perform on the 20th? how about mr snuffleupagus, from sesame street?ot three dog night....they could perform "liar".

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Yonki ...
I sincerely hope that while you are forcing your "Mission" down everyone's throats, that you don't forget your original mission, to report and present the political news of the Luzerne and Lackawanna counties. As we all understand your hatred for the Republican party and Donald Trump, you are starting to get redundant in your rants now. Not that I don't agree with the majority of your rants, as they are true, are to expect 4 years of this same thing over and over again? As you said Corbett moved on after his response to that callery, maybe you can learn to do the same. Don't bring yourself down to the level of the culprits you hate so much.
Just saying.
Just sign me an avid reader.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a few thoughts on the trajectory of your blog. The fire has been lit and I am so glad you are taking on the people who voted for this clown as President.
I never approved of a talk show host taking on his callers either but Corbett reelly had no choice.
The day after election the unwashed losers were ignorant and taunting.
You hit the nail on the head about the egomaniac elect, ungracious and ignorant to a tee.
Go after them.

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new 1977 year!!!
Can't wait.
Corbett puts those people in their place. The callers to his show are the comment line rejects.
Go at them because they are out to screw us all.
Planned Parenthood defunded!
Yep, bring back the good old days!

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonki back for another year.
Knock 'em dead!

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve Corbett uses extremely violent rhetoric and verbal imagery, "revolution, resistance" etc... He is menacing and nearly unhinged on his program lately. I would deem him to be a threat... (edited)

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Steve Corbett uses extremely violent rhetoric and verbal imagery, "revolution, resistance" etc... He is menacing and nearly unhinged on his program lately. I would deem him to be a threat... (edited)

IN RESPONSE

Sorry Pal, had to shut you down there. Threat is a very serious allegation. He is calling out people. It's his show. Is resisting a leader threading him?
A threat is an asswipe from WB Twp who on Tarone's show before the election said he would join Putin's Army to go after and stop Hillary Clinton. Desertion, treason, threat. I hear nothing of that on Corbett.
That's a threat. So Corbett is a threat, a Buddhist and that guy from da Township isn't? Get real.
You must think I'm a threat too because I will never consider this man a leader of any sort.

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

March 1, 2017.
People will be begging Obama to come back!

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really digging the new revitalized LuLac.
Plus 77 is the year of Elvis and his death.

 
At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,
You don't come off as a threat, you sound simply like a petulant child who didn't get their way.
Corbett sounds as if he has had some type of break. His proclamations of being a Buddhist are as hollow as those of The Klan declarations of Christianity.

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to allow pro-Corbett commentary unfettered access, and anti-Corbett gets edited, but I will try. What I write is accurate and was my impression of a night at a live WILK event. Not sure why you would edit it, except it does not fit your narrative, but as I said, I will try.

I lost any and all respect for Steve Corbett and his tactics when I went to the live town hall event.
I am not sure if you were there, but what I thought was radio shtick, turned out to be the true character of the man. He turned his venom and bullying on Sue Henry and LA Tarone. Not only were his words hateful and disrespectful, his body language made me, and others near me in the audience, very uncomfortable. He seemed like a powder keg. Literally spitting out words words such as racist and homophobia at his co-workers as spittle peppered his beard was horrifying to watch. Also, it was obvious the next day listening to Sue, she was shaken by the entire incident.

I can't understand how you defend him and attack Trump. they use the same exact methods and tactics. They are identical in their belittling of those with whom they do not agree.

Trump is an abomination and disgrace, and so is Steve Corbett. Neither of these, and I use the word loosely, "men" is worthy of civil discourse or discussion. But, I guess since Corbett agrees with you, it is okay to bully women and belittle others.

 
At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"That's a threat. So Corbett is a threat, a Buddhist and that guy from da Township isn't? Get real. "

Why has your thinking become so binary? Both are a threat. If your are faced down with two rabid dogs, you don't pick the better of the two, you do something to escape both.

If you didn't edit the balance of the post, I backed up my argument with supporting information. Yet, you have chosen to take a Trump/Corbett approach and alter the arguments of those who are not in agreement. Pretty sad.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama voted most popular man in America-Gallup.
Where the votes counted, voters said otherwise.
To me one word describes this president- Liar

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would much rather hang with the Trump supporter in the c@#t shirt than the Michael Moore followers or the potheads planning to disrupt the Inauguration.

The guy in the T-shirt let the shirt do the talking, I could look away or ignore it. The deranged rantings of the fringe are assaulting in volume and proximity.

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ 9:10

Yeah, Corbett crosses the line too often but it's only to draw listeners and ratings. He doesn't believe it, let alone feel it. It's theater posing as passion, nothing more. When I stop being amused I fire up my mp3's. Do the same and save your energy for L.A. Tarone.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

David,
You don't come off as a threat, you sound simply like a petulant child who didn't get their way.

IN RESPONSE

No, no. The petulant child is that of Trump. Not me. My life is good. You say I'm petulant because I am just pointing out the truth.
Getting my way has nothing to do with the election. I went back to the same job the next day after the election.
The only thing I wanted for the election was to have a sane country again.
I said on TV 5 times the day after that I was impressed about Trump's magnanimity at 3am when he won.
Sadly he has proven me wrong with his uh, petulance.
Like a big man child who actually got his way.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

I lost any and all respect for Steve Corbett and his tactics when I went to the live town hall event.
I am not sure if you were there...

IN RESPONSE

I was not there. I could not abide meeting or seeing the ignorant and self righteous callers in person. But I did hear it.
The question was posed to all of them whether by supporting Donald Trump, would a supporter then be deemed a supporter of racism?
Everybody said no except Corbett. He said yes. It was his opinion.
When you support a candidate, you tacitly, conscious or not support what they believe because you give credence to it.
I made no bones about the fact that I didn't care if Clinton lied because all Presidents lied. I'd rather have a qualified liar than an unqualified person which is what we have now.

He turned his venom and bullying on Sue Henry and LA Tarone. Not only were his words hateful and disrespectful.

IN RESPONSE

He answered the question. And when they got their feelings hurt he would not back down. I'm sure there have been staff meetings like that.
I like Tarone and Sue. Both are very special to me. I heard Sue the next morning and heard her regarding this incident defending herself and Tarone.
My thought was that if you take calls from people who bought every Trump lie, talk to a guy who said he'd join the Russian Army if Clinton were elected to take her out, if you let these things on your air (which is their prerogative) you should not be shocked if you get throttled for doing that and have the perception that you support that.
How can you justify the behavior of the crazies and then think you shouldn't be
lumped in with them wrong or right?

Trump is an abomination and disgrace, and so is Steve Corbett.

IN RESPONSE

Trump is our President. Steve Corbett is not. Trump can play footsie with the Russians and mark my words will destroy our power grid. Corbett can't.

Both are a threat. If your are faced down with two rabid dogs, you don't pick the better of the two, you do something to escape both.

IN RESPONSE

Threat? Trump, yes-he can destroy our lives because he knows nothing and has chosen not to learn.
The only threat Corbett poses is to you it seems.

Yet, you have chosen to take a Trump/Corbett approach and alter the arguments of those who are not in agreement. Pretty sad.

IN RESPONSE

My blog. My job. But I ran your whole post to clarify your thinking.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

But, I guess since Corbett agrees with you, it is okay to bully women and belittle others.

IN RESPONSE

Really? Bully and belittle others? I mean did you sleepwalk through the GOP primaries and general election?
We are all pikers compared to the bully in chief.
But his wife will fix that with her cyber bullying campaign.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Obama voted most popular man in America-Gallup.
Where the votes counted, voters said otherwise.
To me one word describes this president- Liar

IN RESPONSE

You're shitting me right?
Did you get some of Walter White's meth?
Liar? Tell me what President Obama lied about compared to the prevaricator in chief?

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

I would much rather hang with the Trump supporter in the c@#t shirt than the Michael Moore followers or the potheads planning to disrupt the Inauguration.

The guy in the T-shirt let the shirt do the talking, I could look away or ignore it. The deranged rantings of the fringe are assaulting in volume and proximity.

IN RESPONSE

Go with God my friend. He might get you a shirt.
As far as the fringe, yeah 3 million people who were on the right side of history.
That's the fringe. heyna?

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trump and Corbett are assholes, they have alway been assholes and they will always be assholes. Pointing out Corbett's bullying personality is not giving approval to Trumps.

If you see tacit approval because a persoon supports one over the other, or disagrees with one, then that is on your tunnel vision. Just as not liking one person does not autommaticaly mean one likes someone of opposing viewpoints. It is possible not to like either.

The world is not binary. Just because we understand what Corbett really is, does NOT mean we are blind to or approve of Trump.

How have you declined in your nuance? How have you come to see the world as either/or?

Undestanding the rotting person that is Corbett does not mean we give a pass to the rot that is Trump.

Neither one is a good person. Neither one cares for a solitary soul with the exception of the one they see in the mirror. Both only serve one purpose and that is to exhale carbon dioxide gas so plants can exchange it for oxegyn. And both expel plenty of gas.

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand this is your blog and you set the rules.
Have you thought about eliminating the comments? It really is disheartening that people take the time to reply, and just because you don't care for something you either chop it up or don't publish it all together.
A couple of friends and myself took time to reply about Steve Corbett. We gave our opinions based upon the persona he puts forth. We stayed on the topic which you introduced. And, our posts did not show.
If you don't want discussion, simply remove the comments section.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home