Monday, March 20, 2017

The LuLac Edition #3453, March 20th, 2017

BARLETTA CANNOT SUPPORT AMERICAN HEALTH CARE ACT IN CURRENT FORM
CONCERNED WITH HEALTH CARE TAX CREDITS TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

Congressman Lou Barletta released the following statement in regard to the American Health Care Act:
“Obamacare is destroying our health care system. The monstrosity of a health care law failed the American people by throwing them off their preferred plans, eliminating access to their favorite doctors, and sending premiums and deductibles through the roof. In fact, the average premium in Pennsylvania increased by 32 percent this year, and in some corners premiums rose as much as 53 percent. That level of cost increase is unsustainable.
I remain as committed to repealing and replacing Obamacare as I was on the day I came to Congress. We must find an alternative that allows consumers to choose their plans, drives down costs, and ensures that Americans’ hard-earned tax dollars are properly distributed only to American citizens.
Unfortunately, after evaluating the text of the American Health Care Act (AHCA), I cannot support the bill in its current form. I am concerned that the bill lacks sufficient safeguards for verifying whether or not an individual applying for health care tax credits is lawfully in this country and eligible to receive them. Under Obamacare, a half a million people received a total of $750 million in health care subsidies, even though the recipients could not prove their lawful presence in the United States. I cannot vote for a replacement plan that fails to address this problem.
I came to Congress to stop illegal immigration. I would have a hard time explaining to families in the 11th District – many of whom are still struggling to put food on the table and foot the costs of their own health care bills – why they should be helping to pay for the health expenses of someone who broke the law to get here and has no right to those federal dollars. The repeal and replacement of Obamacare will be a multi-phase process, but until my concerns are met, I cannot at this point support the bill.”
Ironic that Barletta has no concern about what the bill would do to Medicare, Medicaid as well as the imbalance of tax credits vs the cost of the health care insurance premiums that will rise more than the current program in place.
Not to mention the number of people who will lose insurance.
But let’s get them illegals. 
Here are my questions. 
Does the good Congressman think everyone working here is an illegal? 
If they were an illegal, would they expose themselves to the IRS? ICE? 
And if they are illegals working under the table, does he think they give a shit about a tax credit? 
 

5 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Bluto said...

The compassion of Lou Barletta constantly shines forth. If only he actually cared about our health.

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My experience with the Affordable Care Act is the exact opposite of what Barletta describes as a "monstrosity". I was able to choose a better health plan than I had prior to the ACA, I was able to keep my same great doctor without any hassle, and I am paying less that I did before because of the tax credit I qualify for. Republicans like Lou Barletta and Tom Marino only hate the ACA because President Obama and the Democrats were able to accomplish something they obviously can't.

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay STRONG Lou. Let me choose from a totally open system of choice.

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Bluto said...

Ah, now we see that Barletta has returned to form and is determined to vote against health care. What a shock!

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to give you a scoop about changes coming to WILK a while back.. the first has fallen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home