Tuesday, March 06, 2018

The LuLac Edition #3722, March 6th, 2018

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that I’m actually starting to feel a little bit sorry for the national Republican party. They have a President that constantly pulls the rug out from them in terms of policy and structure. Trump will always have his power base but there is considerable fear among the party for fear it might lose seats in both the House and Senate. Confusion reigns when you have different Senators saying positive and negative things at the same time. We had Senator Cornyn from Texas talking about the President’s reality show on gun control and then Lindsay Graham almost going into cheerleader mode on Face The Nation.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….but not much that my prediction during the campaign about Trump’s lack of information on trade is coming true. I had written and said if Trump proposed tariffs, more consumer goods used by his beloved masses would skyrocket in price. Big ass trucks, TV and beer will all go up in price because of this off the cuff decision made by him in a fit of pique.On the surface it might seem a small increase but if there is trade retaliation, look out.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that you just might spend a year of your life looking for misplaced objects. Really? My trick is to figure out where I was with the object and then backtrack to it. But when I am at a loss, I use a handy dandy little prayer to St. Anthony.
St. Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find [name the item] which has been lost. At least restore to me peace and tranquility of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than my material loss.
To this favor, I ask another of you: that I may always remain in possession of the true good that is God. Let me rather lose all things than lose God, my supreme good. Let me never suffer the loss of my greatest treasure, eternal life with God. Amen.
Or a facsimile thereof. It works.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..but not about the hilarity that ensued when the President said that he would run into a building unarmed if he knew there was danger. Many of his supporters feel he never got a chance and sometimes the ridicule was tough. But this outrageous statement just was a big slow curve over the plate. Plus does anyone remember this from the campaign?

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that The Star-Spangled Banner" was recognized for official use by the United States Navy in 1889, and by U.S. President Woodrow Wilson in 1916, and was made the national anthem by a congressional resolution on March 3, 1931. Even more amazing to me is that many people thought it was the in place before that. It was not.Prior to that variations of the melody of "God Save the Queen" were used.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that after years of Democrats, Greeners and Libertarians taking a load of shit from Conservative Republicans saying all of them wanted to “take your guns away without due process” , the guy who actually said it was a REPUBLICAN President.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that I read in the newspaper that residents of Wilkes Barre Township were pissed that Northampton Street was going to be closed due to repairs. The tab for the repairs is being picked up by the state. Rich from a town that has NO TAXES and has gotten a great deal of revenue from The Arena, a project they fought tooth and nail when it first was proposed.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that you blink more than 10 million times a year. Except for those being interviewed by Robert Mueller's committees. The blinking, if they are lying increases just a tad.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that Patriots Owner Robert Kraft, age 76, has announced that his girlfriend, Rikki Lander, a 36 year old, 40 years his junior,  was pregnant. He also said the baby was not his but he’d support it as his own. Kraft is enthusiastic of Lander becoming a mother. Currently, Kraft splits his time between his home in Boston, and Los Angeles, where Lander lives in a house he owns.
Kraft was previously married to Myra Kraft, who died in 2011 at age 68 after a battle with cancer. The businessman has four adult sons with Myra.

Back to his girlfriend, why are they always taller and blond? Just asking.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….but not, that as you enter Pittston, there’s a house with a Confederate flag on it. Must be a Civil War buff, heyna? 
MAYBE I'M AMAZED......that because I am for House Bill 76 and put on my Facebook page that Republican voters in The Lac should sign Frank Scavo's petition  to run against John Blake, it set off a shit storm.  Scavo and I disagree on everything except this. I want a voice, any voice heard about this issue which Blake opposes. But the kicker is it were Democrats up there going nuts.  Frank loves Trump, I intensely dislike him. Frank and I spar on Facebook. We both color outside the lines with that, Frank more than me. But on this issue, there needs to be debate. All Republicans in the House and Senate are for it. Most Democrats in this area are too. But two Representatives aren't. John Blake is one of them. There should be a voice heard. Period.  By the way, Scavo announced this morning that he as 700 signatures and is headed to Harrisburg to get on the ballot.
Sometimes though you just can't make anyone happy.

7 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been great lately to see those "only the best people" who Trump hires. I think that long-haired doctor of his should be the next surgeon general. So much for "business expertise."

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't fairly blame Trump for doing what he was told to do by his security detail when under a possible threat.

Still, you can blame him for plenty else. Really, really blame him.

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The full Trump quote was, of course you don't know until you're in the situation, but I would like to believe that I would.....

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed, no maybe about it, that I am now a Trump supporter

About a decade ago I opened my own business. I am a lifelong democrat and did not put much stock in the republican point of view that government over-regulation can stifle business.
I voted for Hilary. As a woman, a democrat and American, I wanted a woman president, and I wanted this woman to be president. I overlooked her many egregious transgressions and supported her for the greater good, because I felt her to be the best candidate and the most qualified.

A funny thing has happened a year into Trump’s presidency. Our company’s revenues have increased. The tax cut allowed us the flexibility to consolidate expenses, provide salary increases across the board, purchase a much better health insurance plan for employees while reducing their out of pocket expenses, and we were able to bring back five people that had been laid off.

Previously, I was an employee and did not understand the intricacies that go into running a business. I am still learning. What I have already learned is that I am more than likely voting, for the first time in my life, all republican for national offices. My mother, who works alongside me and whose 401K will make her less reliant on social security, is almost swayed to do the same.

My view of government being responsible to care for people has drifted to the viewpoint of government allowing the ability for people to provide for themselves. I haven’t gone so far as to change my voter registration, I am still a supporter of Governor Wolf, and I will continue to support local democrats, but on the national level, where true economic change can be influenced, I have been swayed.

You can continue to not like Trump’s social policies, I don’t. You can continue to not like much of Trump’s behavior, I don’t. However, in matters which count, in getting the United States’ economy moving again, he is getting the job done. I have spent a good twenty years overlooking the egregious transgressions of democratic party candidates for the greater good, I am now willing to do the same for the other party.

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

6:54 pm...

I get what you are saying. Good for you and congrats.
But the economy was on the mend before Trump took office.
I'm afraid that his reactions, not his actions will diminish any good that has come his way as well as yours.
He doesn't realize that by a tweet or a dumb ass statement, he can wreck world markets.

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

During Obama there were signs of recovery, but nothing significant. Under one year of Trump, there IS recovery.
If it continues, and other insignificant things, like North Korea willing to discuss disarmament, Trump wins again in 2020.
If all goes south, then the Dems better have something better than old white guys on the ticket.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:47 am..nothing significant? 89 months of consecutive job growth is nothing to sneeze at. Before that, we were LOSING jobs in the 100,000 range every month.
Whatever your old white guy has accomplished, real or imagined is overshadowed by his behavior and unsteadiness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home