Monday, March 26, 2018

The LuLac Edition #3740, March 26th, 2018

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the people who say a public option would not work for America health care, who say it will be socialized medicine, a majority of the people that say that are on MEDICARE. Sitting fat and happy, spouting support for a President and party who never was for them and telling us how much America has slipped! LMAO @ them!
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the NCAA makes billions from their deal with CBS as well as Turner Broadcasting. The coaches make millions to guide the players. Oh the players, they get zip.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the latest legal casualty of Donald Trump’s legal team is John Dowd. Dowd was the one who pretty much nailed Pete Rose back in the late 80s. He is a lawyer’s lawyer and it appears that he was trying to make a bit more sense than this President would allow. Dowd called for the Meuller investigation to be over but he also was very apprehensive of Trump testifying before the investigating body of the Special Counsel. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED.that in this gubernatorial election year, Tom Wolf is not running away from Barack Obama. Talk about energizing an already energized base.Wolf is confident that Trump's scant victory happened from a bunch of ingrates in Luzerne County that put this President in office. He's betting, and I think it's a safe bet, that Pennsylvania won't love Trump's party in 2018 and that '16 proved to be a one off. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that as this Trump Presidency continues, the news cycle reminds me of 1968. That was the iconic year that just seemed to be a revolving door of news stories. Just like the Trump era. But in 1968 the news cycle was controlled by events featuring various personalities. Unlike the barrage of news stories just centering on one man.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that I truly love those 10 for $10 deals that local Supermarkets have on items. And you get gas for it too. Won’t see deals like that in Russia!
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that there is a condition called Cheerophobia which is the fear of happiness. One of several reasons why cherophobia may develop is the belief that when one becomes happy, a negative event will soon occur that will taint that happiness, as if punishing that individual for satisfaction. Valid thought. Ray Conniff and his singers had a theory in song about that too. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that most women have said in a pop culture interviews that if they could look like one person other than themselves, it would be Kate Middleton. I bet if the same question was asked 25 years ago, the answer might have been Princess Diana.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that fires spread uphill faster than downhill. 
MAYBE I'M AMAZED....that fifty years after its debut as a News Magazine, "60 Minutes" still is relevant and a "go to" show in news and American pop culture. Witness the Stormy Daniels interview yesterday. 
MAYBE I'M AMAZED....that the city of Houston is bigger than the cities of Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago and Philadelphia combined.

7 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it amazes you that fire spreads faster uphill than downhill, you're an idiot.

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Anonymous said...

If it amazes you that fire spreads faster uphill than downhill, you're an idiot.

IN RESPONSE

Thanks for reading and as always we appreciate your pithy if not accurate comments.

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you delete comments, why not say why? Just a friendly suggestion.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always been curious, why is your blog named for the League of United Latin American Citizens

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

I have always been curious, why is your blog named for the League of United Latin American Citizens.

IN RESPONSE

Actually the name is a derivative of Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties. Years ago WPTS had an advertiser called The LuLac oil company so it's more likely it came from there. But I've been telling people of the orgin of it for years.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

When you delete comments, why not say why? Just a friendly suggestion.

IN RESPONSE

The deletion you see today was a spam I monetarily let through.
But I like the suggestion as far as the other stuff I delete. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home