Tuesday, May 08, 2018

The LuLac Edition #3776, May 8th, 2018

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that people who are criticizing Michelle Wolf for her comedy rant at the White House Correspondent’s Dinner because she was too mean spirited and personal say shit when the President hurls invective at private citizens, whole races of people and reporters. Look, Sarah Huckabee Sanders LIES every day in defending a President who also lies and is clearly imbalanced. The right gets their itty itty feelings hurt when someone, and I’ll give you this, speaks in-artfully of truth to power. But the culture was started by Trump, enabled by his not attending the dinner to retort like other Presidents and defended his staff. Wolf said a lot of things but she really nailed it when she called Trump a p***y!. Bullies usually are that way.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that there are 10 million bricks in the Empire State Building.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that at one time, Bill Cosby had enough money to try and buy NBC. Now that might not be the case today but when you think about those women who have accused him, is it any wonder why few were reluctant to come forward. I mean enough money to buy a network to me is staggering.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that there is more energy from the sun hitting the earth every hour than the planet uses in a year.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..but not really that if there ever is a person that can mount a serious Third Party Challenge in 2020 it would be Ohio Governor John Kasich. I am not a fan of Third Parties but with his experience, common sense, folksy language and downright joy in what he does, he just might be the person to bring America back again. We need an adult in charge anyway.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that Mangoes can get sun burned.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that many people, especially Republicans are scoffing at the fact that the Democratic Party is suing over the fact that they were hacked by the Russians during the 2016 election. Those who are laughing might be crying when the thing is finally adjudicated. Many people forget that the DNC got a settlement over the Watergate 1972 involvement in election chicanery.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that dairy cows drink up to 50 gallons of water per day.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that Conservatives are fond of calling Liberals snowflakes. But with Trump, they have become the champions of grievance. They say everybody’s so sensitive these days. No one can take a joke. Sexism, racism, etc. I can’t tell you how many people said I just need to get over the 2016 election. These are the same people putting up memes about Hillary. They bring her up all the time.
Conservatives walk around in a state of perpetual rage about this. But the second they have a chance to use the grievance industry for their own purposes, they pounce. That’s why you hear all the crying about Michelle Wolf. They can’t, dare I say, take a joke!
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….but not really that once Costello’s in Kingston switched from exclusively salads to the old time Italian recipes they were once famous for, well now the place is buzzing.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the competitive political spirit is alive and well on the campus of Wilkes College. Kudos to the organizers of last Saturday’s Pop and Politics event at the Henry Center, Madison Cominsky and Dominic Butchko and for doing such a fine job.

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Cosby wan't going to write a check. He was part of an investment group made up of other partners and the money was going to come from investment banks. Not a dime was going to come out of his pocket. He was worth a lot, but not that much.
It was much like Magic Johnson buying the Dodgers or Jeeter buying the Marlins. The face of the group, but not the main money person.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey 9:27,
Please don't point out the reality of situations to Yonk.
He prefers to frame his arguments and rationalizations to make HIS point. Hence his recurring theme that Trump lies and is crazy and by association, his staff.
He railed against the same behavior when it happened to Obama or any Democrat.
Big Turnoff. I no longer check in as frequently because the pattern has become so obvious to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home