Monday, June 25, 2018

The LuLac Edition #3817, June 25th, 2018

TARONE GONE ONE YEAR ON
Today marks the first anniversary of the death of our friend L.A. Tarone. June 25th, 2017. It was a Sunday. The weekend started out ominously on the Friday afternoon preceding that Sunday.
I left work at 3pm and made my way to the Nursing Home in Nanticoke where L.A. was supposed to be transferred to Hazleton. However, something told me to go down there that day.
When I arrived, it was intimated to me that l..A.’s condition had worsened. Unlike our previous visits, this was not good get together. L.A. was unresponsive and in great pain.
Sunday morning, those close to him got messages that if we wanted to see him, this would be the day. I was on my way to a surprise anniversary party for my friends Pat and Marian Fadden who were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. After attending the Mass at St. Leo’s and then the part of the party, I went to see L.A.
Throughout the day friends and relatives came to say good bye. My work wife, Kathleen Smith commandeered a Reverend earlier in the day to give a blessing for L.A. Later on around 5pm, a Roman Catholic priest came to give the Last Rites. A few hours later, during the 7 o’clock hour, L.A. passed away.
The last 365 days have been monumental in terms of the things we both discussed, on and off the air, politics. I know we’d have some pretty healthy arguments. His radio show and its energetic presentation and content is now a distant memory. It took me about 3 months to actually cry over Tarone’s death. Even though I saw him fading away, a world without L.A. bursting through a room, nervously pacing when he was waiting for a hot news tip and hearing that voice crashing through a broadcast speaker was unreal to me.
He was remembered well on the days after his death. But the thing with Tarone is, even after a year, you can’t stop talking about him, missing him and loving him. That will continue as long as his contemporaries keep talking about him.
Here’s a few links from that day and week.... one year ago.
http://lulacpoliticaletter.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-lulac-edition-3541-june-25th-2017_25.html
http://lulacpoliticaletter.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-lulac-editiomn-3543-june-30th-2017.html

3 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are all those gang members supposedly coming cross the border going to take my job? I sell furniture.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

How are all those gang members supposedly coming cross the border going to take my job? I sell furniture.

IN RESPONSE

Yeah, part of the big lie. You know where MS 13 started? Los Angeles.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Short Story Scribe said...

For the limited interactions I had with Louie, I was deeply moved by his death.
You have written great tribues to the man and his memory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home