Monday, September 03, 2018

The LuLac Edition #3868, September 3rd, 2018

LABOR DAY 2018 

Happy Labor Day! A great day to the people who make this country viable, the working men and women. Their wages REMAIN lower in most cases while tax breaks and money go to the 1%. 
The average wage for an American male, adjusted for inflation is still the same as it was in 1988! Pensions for many have been cut and in some cases are at will. The only people guaranteed them are those working in the political class.
One small glimmer about pensions is that the President signed an Executive Order allowing small businesses to pull together and offer retirement plans.  
This may not happen in my lifetime, but I predict you will see a re-emergence of unions in this country as more and more people who actually do the heavy lifting are unfairly treated. 
Such as it is, Happy Labor Day. 
Thanks for doing your job while your government has NOT!

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'd agree with you about the re-emergence of unions in this country. I think most of the large industry that we have in this USA probably are unionized. Any other industries that we have probably are not large enough to unionize and have the strength to stand up to the "coal baron" companies. I do thank God every day of my retired life for the ability to belong to a trade union during my work life. Because of my union and ONLY because of the union, I was able to work for a fair wage for a fair day's work, and most importantly, I have a very good pension to live on now. Were it up to the company owners that I worked for, they would have kept their thumb down on the workers and the fair working wages and conditions would not have happened. Sadly, I think the days of having a pension have come to an end.
As the song says "God bless the working many (and women)." Because of technology and foreign manufacturing, American industry will never be the same.
Ken Edwards
Wyoming

 

Post a Comment

<< Home