Saturday, April 13, 2019

The LuLac Edition #4,052, April 13th, 2019

13 QUESTIONS

Our “13 Questions” logo.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Overloaded this month, had to cut off on April 5th. Look for those questions next month. 

1. Do you think the recent dust up on the Meuller Report will change anyone’s mind?

Nope. This is already baked in. What the Dems need to do is essentially what Trump did in 2016 when Comey re-opened his investigation into the e mails of Hillary Clinton. He stepped out of the way and let her twist in the wind. Pelosi and the Dems should do the same thing. Step back and let him do his thing. Most people are sick and tired of him. You can’t take anything he says seriously.

2. What song do you hear that basically wants you to take a shot gun to the radio, TV or device playing?

“Music Box Dancer” by Mills. Cannot stand it.Give me “Telstar” any day for a great instrumental. Hell, give me any instrumental song but that one!

3. Do you think Jazz; the American Art form can be ponderous?

I like classic big band jazz like Ellington, Basey and the simplicity of Dave Brubeck and Herbie Hancock. I get the riffs but check out after 2 minutes. Okay man, we know you can play, just don’t give us the same stuff for another 15 minutes.

4. When you saw Michael Smerconish did you introduce yourself as the esteemed political blogger that you are?

I did not. I had a jam packed week at work, a wake and a Myasthenia Gravis meeting to chair the day before, so I was taking the day off. Or as much as I can take a day off.
But Mrs. LuLac asked a question about why he left law to pursue broadcasting and he went on for about 15 minutes. Bottom line answer was, “Ego”.

5. How about those Fightin’ Phils?

I’m happy for them and hope they get to the 7th game of the World Series. They do need pitching though.

6. What are your thoughts on Attorney General Robert Barr’s actions regarding the Meuller Report?

He is trying to straddle both sides of history. But in reality Barr is a toady for President Trump. He is certainly no Profile in Courage! Who would ever think that Jeff Sessions would have more integrity than this protégé of Bush 41?

7. That CNN show “Tricky Deck” really hammers Nixon. What dya think?

First off it’s “Tricky Dick”. Tricky Deck was the walkway to Wil Toole’s boat launch up at Paupak. Just busing there. Seriously, I lived through the Nixon era, cut my teeth in radio when Watergate was going on. I believe Nixon’s demons came from an inferiority complex as well as paranoia,. Nixon, like LBJ got caught up in the quagmire that was Vietnam. As a matter of fact I always believed that Watergate happened because of Nixon’s inability to take the loss in Vietnam like Ike did in 1953 with Korea. Eisenhower was in poor health when Nixon took office and had he been healthier, he might have advised Nixon on that. Whether he would have taken that advice is another thing all together.

8. Tricuits or Ritz crackers?

Tricuits. The illusion of healthy is in the crunch.

9. Who impresses you in the crowded field for President among the Democrats?

Some of the second tier guys like Congressman Tim Ryan from Ohio who challenged Nancy Pelosi. This guy laid it right out there saying Trump has no interest in Government and is unwilling to learn. He gave a barn burner of an indictment against Trump’s leadership. The Mayor of South Bend Indiana, Pete Buttigieg, is one that can score a knockout punch too.

10. Congratulations on your election as first Vice President of the local chapter of the NAACP. What does that role entail and why did you get involved?

The First Vice President takes over meetings for the President and serves as an adviser to the President as well as The Executive Committee. I was always interested in the organization in my younger years and tried to join a few times but distractions and job commitments prevented it. Now the time is right for me as well as theirs to go the extra mile because of the direction this country is going in.


11. What do you say to people who knock Alexandra Ocassio-Cortez and dismiss her?


They are underestimating her as an individual and leader. I especially love the right wing women who attack her as a former waitress on Facebook. I ask, “So since when were you elected to Congress?’

12. Have you heard anything about women’s groups banning a Chubby Checker song?

I can’t imagine what it would be. The closest song I could even think of might be “Lazy Elsie Mollie.” But I don’t know where the complaint would be because she was miner who worked her ass off and then got married. After she got married, according to the song she didn’t have to work. So no, I’m not aware of that, puzzled by it and what I wrote are my thoughts and not based on anything I’ve seen or heard in the media. It did cross my mind that you might be pranking me too. But even if that were the case, hey it’s a great song.

13. It’s getting to be Easter. How about that Slovak cheese recipe?

My sister makes this. Spelled Cirak, syrek or hrudka, for me this is when spring really begins. Here’s a demonstration.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home