Monday, May 13, 2019

The LuLac Edition #4,071, May 13th, 2019

13 QUESTIONS

Our "13 Questions" logo.

1. Medical marijuana, good or bad?

Like everything that is used to fight or help in a disease it should not be abused. I think if regulated it will help people.

2. Joe Biden. In?

I like him a lot and think he can really take it to Diaper Don.
My fear is that his gaffes will be so exploited by the Republican lie machine that he will be put on a level playing field with Trump in a negative way. As a result the narrative might become the same as 2016 where it was viewed by some that it was a choice between bad and worse.
Plus my personal fear in backing Biden is I’ve had bad luck with backing Veeps on the Democratic side.
I supported Humphrey, Mondale and Gore full blast. So you can see my personal trepidation.

3. Best place to have shoes repaired?

I don’t know. All of my shoe repair guys have passed away. I have a good dress pair I wear sparingly and wear a type of shoe with a rubber sole for everyday wear. I just bought two new pairs, the last ones I bought were in 2012. They wear well. Wish I could help.

4. Any reason why you’ve not been on Pa. Live lately?


  Just a full plate. But I anticipate being back soon if they’ll have me.

5. Cory Klubler And his arm? Thoughts?

Typical Indian bad luck. He’ll be back though by the end of the year.

6. How about Biden and mayor Pete as a ticket?


I’d like that, there might be pressure to put a woman on it and that would be fine with me. Anybody but diaper and pious Pence.
.

7. Have you become saddened at what WILK has become? For the first time since I tuned into WILK, back when Fred Williams was first at the station, I have removed the 980 from all presets. Jason Barski seems to be getting worse with each passing show, drunk humor, really? WTF the frat house hazing deaths aren't on his simple minded radar??? Frank Andrews comes off as a baffled buffoon, quite impossible to listen to for more than a few minutes, if that long.It is amazing that he was a reasoned news anchor for so many years. How could we not mention, Kyle's "poor me" interjections and intrusions? The have gotten tiresome, it makes one wonder what he spent his college loan money on. Nancy and John continually speak over each other, etc.......


 Looks like you explained it all. Radio is entertainment and it changes. Whether its good or bad is in the ears/eyes of the beholder.

8. See any Railriders game yet?

Yep just the other day. Have a few more this year.

10. Biggest surprise of the new baseball season?

The Yankees doing it with the kids after all the injuries to the starters. Good farm system, good manager. 

11. Any good movies you’ve seen lately?


Not a one.

12. We heard you gave a wonderful eulogy to Wil Toole and as a matter of fact I think you posted that. It was wonderful. How do you go about putting something like that together?


I was at an event on Friday and shared this story. Well Wil and I collaborated on this around Christmas time. But what I usually do is write it out in outline form and then do it in word documents . After that I practice it four of five times out loud to make sure my speech patterns are in line so I don’t use words I will flub. The toughest one I had to do was my mom’s but the key to any speech is to be prepared. Also,m don't get rattled.

13. Are you invited to see Chris Matthews and Hardball?


No. But it will give Chris a chance to meet the ingrates of Luzerne County.



2 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some right on the marks #7.
BTW, anyone know what happened to Cathy D? She was kind of fun, and much better than that trainwreck who does fill in now.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree. WILK talk rdio is a joke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home