Friday, December 13, 2019

The LuLac Edition, #4,185, December 13th, 2019

13 QUESTIONS

Our “13 Questions” logo.

1. I know you covered this but do you really think John Yudichak would be a good candidate for Governor?

Absolutely. He has experience knowledge, a record of achievement and demonstrated that he can compromise. That said, if he runs as a Republican, don’t expect him to do well here in Luzerne County. But as I said before, the GOP bench is lacking compared to the Dems in the 2022 Governor’s race. I mean who are they going to get, Scott Wagner again?

2. What do you think about censure as a measure the deems can use against Trump?

I’d be fine with it as a last resort. This has ceased to become about the law but about politics and which side can outline their case. The sad part is that most people who support Trump are willing to believe what he says even if it has been proven to be false.

3. Do you ever watch those Hallmark Christmas movies?

No because (A) I don’t have the time and (B) my life is a movie anyway.

4. What is a Christmas gift you’d like to get but can’t?

Good question. In another lifetime, I would have loved those yard long boxes of M&M’s I’ve seem at Cracker Barrel but not so much anymore. But they are really cool.

5. Were you upset the Packers lost to the Niners so badly?

Hell no, I predicted it.

6. What happened to WBRE’s Bryan Scofield?

I think it was either a mutual decision or contractual issue. Either way, I’m going to miss him because I liked working with him.

7. Worst and best part of winter?

Let’s start with the best. Christmas, the NFL playoffs, Superbowl and my birthday both of which are in February. The worst part? The cold, snow and ice.

8. You are on Facebook and other places exhibiting your association with the Knights of Columbus. But can you capsulize your faith and what you believe as a so called religious man?

I never, ever proclaimed myself as a religious man. God knows I’ve traveled down some questionable moral roles when it came to women. But I do go to church and joined the Knights because my uncles were in the Pittston Council and it bolsters my faith. Simply put, here’s my take on being a Catholic and what it means. God created me, Jesus redeemed me and the Holy Spirit sustains my faith. Father, son and Holy Ghost. That’s all you need.

9. Growing a beard for the the winter?

Jesus no.

10. Where does Tom Wolf go after this term as Governor?

Oh I don’t know he might be tempted with a Cabinet position if the Dems win the White House. But he just might go home.

11. Are you working on your year end editions and are you surprised by anything you found?

Yes and I’m surprised at the number of baseball players who passed away.

12. Did you have a favorite Beatle when you were growing up?

No but I always thought I’d get more women in my life if I looked like Paul.

13. I saw your speech on You Tube for the NAACP dinner. You referenced Solomon Burke’s “Everybody Loves Somebody’s song, didn’t the Blues Brothers do that?

I referenced him and the line “Sometimes you get what you want but you lose what uou have” but never the song. Nope, he did it first. 1965, it charted at number 58. Then Wilson Pickett sang it in ’67 and then the Blues Brothers put it in their movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home