Tuesday, July 21, 2020

The LuLac Edition #4,356, July 21st, 2020

MAYBE I'M AMAZED

Our "Maybe I'm Amazed" logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that Senator Marco Rubio opted a photo of the late Congressman Elijah Cumming when tweeting a tribute to Congressman John Lewis. Like I just want to know where the hell is there staff people!?!!!
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that MLB umpires wear black underwear just in case they split their pants.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..but glad that the Los Angeles Dodgers are giving fans an opportunity to buy a seat for the season. The deal is for $149.00 you can buy a cut out of yourself and have a seat assigned. Proceeds go to the Dodgers Charity Foundation.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that spiny lobsters migrate in groups of 50 in a type of conga line on the ocean floor. Check out “Hollywood Steps Out” from 1941 to see a real cartoon conga line.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED….but not that the Coromavirus has changed the way we shop for groceries. Two simultaneous trends in our consuming habits are becoming clear. Many Americans are buying products they believe will boost their immune systems, in the hopes of fending off disease. At the same time, rising levels of anxiety and stress have pushed some to seek solace in the things they eat, resulting in an uptick in sales of comfort food.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED..that camel’s milk doesn’t curdle.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that parents and students in local school districts will be in for a rollercoaster ride when it comes to school attendance. While the President is pushing for schools to go at full speed, logistics will be a big issue.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……a shrimp’s heart is in its head. Then if shrimp falls in love, he or she can love with both their head and heart, right?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED..that Mary Trump’s book has sold 1 million copies in just one day. That has to be driving the President nuts because he keeps track of numbers like that especially when the books are not kind to him.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….there have been 85 recorded occurrences of a pitcher striking out 4 batters in one inning.
MAYBE I'M AMAZED.....but not that the Beatles are the only group thus far in 2020 to hit a million dollars in music sales. Not bad for a group that split fifty years ago.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home