Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The LuLac Edition #4,362, July 28th, 2020

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

 
Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the major league broadcasters are doing the play by play this way. Not at the stadium where the guys are playing but in a room with a huge screen showing them the action. That’s shades of Ronald Regan calling the game by reading results off the wire at WHO in the 30s.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..during the Boston Tea Party, 342 cases of tea were thrown overboard.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the Neo scene comet passes our way just every 6800 years. Take a look at this:

MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that Pluto takes 248 years to orbit the sun.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….but not really at the interest the old WARM, the Mighty 590 still holds with certain people. Yesterday original morning man Vince Kearney passed away and there was a great outpouring of sympathy as well as good memories. https://david-yonki.blogspot.com/
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that Mount Everest has grown one foot over the last 100 years.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….but not that President Trump on Monday said he does not plan to visit the U.S. Capitol over the next two days to pay his respects to Rep. John Lewis, the Democratic congressman from Georgia and civil rights icon who died earlier this month. Speaking to reporters on the South Lawn, Trump was asked whether he planned to visit the Capitol Rotunda, where Lewis’s body will lie in state for private ceremonies before his casket is moved to the steps of the Capitol for public viewing. “No, I won’t be going, no,” Trump said Monday when asked if he planned to attend the viewing of Lewis’s casket. The president spoke to reporters as he departed the White House en route for North Carolina, where he will participate in a round table discussion on the coronavirus crisis.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that Long Island is the largest such island in the Continental United States.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..Senate Republicans move to cut $600 weekly jobless benefit to $200. They can give billions to billionaires but NOTHING to the middle class. They ALL need to be defeated.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the skull is made up of 29 bones.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..at how Speaker Nancy Pelosi has shown she has the best interests of the working class when she goes to D.C. Unlike the GOP members who are no friends of the working man. The impotent GOP Senate can’t get out of its own way.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that dim lights reduce your appetite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home