The LuLac Edition #5, 765, September 12th, 2026
MAYBE I’M AMAZED
FOOTBALL SEASON
PENN STATE
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…. Penn State played its first football game in 1887 against Bucknell University. They won 54-0, marking the start of a long and successful tradition.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..George Hoskins was the first head coach, serving from 1892 to 1895. He led the team to a 17-4-4 record. While the school played football from 1887 to 1891, before his arrival, Hoskins is credited for being their first coach. During his tenure from 1892 to 1895, he compiled a 17–4–4 record. His .760 winning percentage ranks highest in school history, surpassing notable coaches such as Joe Paterno, Hugo Bezdek, and Rip Engle. He lost his first college football game at the University of Pennsylvania, and tied his final game against Wester
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….1982 National Championship: Penn State won its first national title by defeating Georgia 27-23 in the Sugar Bowl.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……White Out Games: These games, where fans dress in white, create an electric atmosphere and are a must-see for any college football fan.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED: Field Surface: The stadium features a natural grass surface, which is meticulously maintained to ensure optimal playing conditions.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED: The Nittany Lion: The team's mascot, the Nittany Lion, is a symbol of pride and spirit for Penn State fans.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……2016 Big Ten Championship: Penn State won the Big Ten title by defeating Wisconsin 38-31, earning a spot in the Rose Bowl.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED: First All-American Punter: Ralph Giacomarro became Penn State's first All-American punter in 1981. His powerful kicks and consistent performance earned him national recognition.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED: First NFL Draft Pick: John Bruno was the first Penn State punter to be selected in the NFL Draft. The Pittsburgh Steelers picked him in the 1987 draft.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED: Most Punts in a Season: Jeremy Boone set the record for the most punts in a single season with 77 punts during the 2008 season.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED: Ray Guy Award Finalist: Blake Gillikin was a finalist for the prestigious Ray Guy Award in 2019, recognizing him as one of the best punters in college football. Gillikin was ALSO named the Big Ten Punter of the Year, a testament to his outstanding performance.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home