Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The LuLac Edition #59, Sept. 14th, 2006
























WOMEN YA GOTTA LOVE (PART ONE)



Before the election season kicks off in earnest and we have to be somewhat serious, let me do a take off on the Esquire Magazine Series "Women We Love".
In this edition we have Sue Henry, a talk show host on WILK radio who tells it like it is with a pair of velvet gloves. She might be a Sox and Santorum fan, but like President Bush, you know where she stands.
Maria Sharapova, the simple black dress brought to the tennis courts, the win at the U.S. Open proving she's more than a marketing icon, and her fiesty behavior at the post match press conference make her a favorite in my book. At 6'2, I'd carry a stepstool with me all the time to feed her as many bananas as she wants.
The Buffalo Jills Chearleaders who I met in the Bahamas in 2004 and who graciously posed for a picture with me when they found out I was writing a book. Made me feel like an Arthur Miller in a sea of Marilyns.
And of course, Geena Davis. What more can be said!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home