Monday, October 13, 2008

The LuLac Edition #600, Oct. 13th 2008

PHOTO INDEX: 13 QUESTIONS LOGO

13 QUESTIONS

1. IN LAST MONTH’S 13 QUESTIONS, I GOT TO WONDERING ABOUT YOUR COMPARISION OF ASTAIRE AND KELLY. HERE’S A FEW, CARE TO ANSWER?

MICKEY MANTLE OR JOE DIMAGGIO? THE MICK.
FRANK SINATRA OR ? ? SINATRA FOLLOWED BY TONY BENNETT.

GRACE KELLY OR ELIZABETH TAYLOR? GRACE KELLY.
GARY COOPER OR CLINT EASTWOOD? COOPER.
ELVIS OR THE BEATLES? BOTH.
KOUFAX OR GIBSON? BOTH.
FORD OR A CHEVY? CHEVY.
JIM BROWN OR ? JIM BROWN.
WILT OR RUSSELL OR ABDUL JABBAR? WILT.
CORVETTE OR PORSCHE? CORVETTE.
WALKIN OR RIDIN? RIDIN’ NOW.
WATCHIN OR DOIN? DOIN’

2. IF YOU WANTED TO STOP SARAH PALIN’S POLITICAL CAREER, HOW WOULD YOU DO IT?

HAVE HER RUN ON THE GOP TICKET FOR WILKES BARRE CITY COUNCIL IN THE DIAMOND CITY. NO ONE WILL EVER HEAR FROM HER AGAIN.

3. WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE BISHOP’S LETTER READ AT YOUR CHURCH ON ABORTION?

I THINK MY PASTOR READ IT CLEARLY AND WITH GREAT DICTION.

4. CAN YOU SHARE WHO YOU VOTED FOR IN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS IN YOUR LIFE?

SURE. I BEGAN TO VOTE IN 1972, THE FALL. I’VE VOTED FOR REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS FOR PRESIDENT. IN NINE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS, I ONLY VOTED FOR ONE WINNER, REAGAN IN 1980 AND THAT WAS BECAUSE I WAS IN A GAS LINE BEFORE I WENT TO THE POLLS. SO I HAVE A 1-8 RECORD.

5. IF YOU CAN HAVE ONE JOB IN THE WHITE HOUSE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

PASTRY TESTER.

6. WHY NO CANCER BLOG?

I HAVE ENOUGH BLOGS TO KEEP ME BUSY. BUT MY ILLNESS IS SOMETHING I DON’T WANT TO INFLICT ON PEOPLE WHO DON’T KNOW ME. I NEVER THOUGHT THE USE OF A BLOG SHOULD BE, “I’M COOKING DINNER NOW, THE DOG TICKED ME OFF, HO HUM, ANOTHER DAY”. I FEEL THE INTERNET IS A GIFT TO INFORM AND ENTERTAIN. SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN IN MY CORNER DURING THIS ILLNESS THAT I JUST DIDN’T NEED ANY MORE DISCUSSION PUBLICLY ABOUT IT. AND WHILE MY READERS ARE CONCERNED, WHICH I APPRECIATE VERY MUCH, THEY DON’T GO TO THE SITE TO SEE HOW MY WHITE COUNT IS DOING. CANCER AND PATIENT BLOGS ARE OUT THERE TO INFORM AND COMFORT. AND GOD SPEED TO THOSE THAT WRITE THEM. BUT I FIGURED THAT THIS DISEASE DIDN’T MAKE ME SPECIAL, MILLIONS GET IT, SOME DIE, SOME SURVIVE. I FELT IT WOULD BE BETTER TO STICK TO WHAT WE DO BEST.

7. TURKEY OR DUCK?

TURKEY WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS. LOVE THE DRUMSTICKS.

8. DAN QUAYLE ON HIS ATTEMPT TO DANCE WITH THE STARS? THOUGHTS?

I MAKE NO JUDGEMENTS, WISH I COULD DANCE LIKE I USED TO BEFORE THE ACCIDENT. GOOD LUCK TO HIM.

9. YOU WERE REALLY TOUGH ON EXETER BOROUGH FOR NAMING A 21 YEAR OLD GRAND DAUGHTER AS MAYOR. CHANGE YOUR MIND?

NOPE. IT’S A JOKE. AND THE WAY COUNCIL CAVED WAS EVEN FUNNIER. ONLY IN LUZERNE COUNTY CAN SOMEONE NAME THEIR SUCCESSOR, A RELATIVE NO LESS TO A POLITICAL JOB. WE’LL SEE WHAT SHE DOES WITH THE DEBT MESS THERE.

10. HOW WILL THE OBAMA AND McCAIN CAMPAIGNS BE REMEMBERED?

LIKE POLAR OPPOSITES. OBAMA, FOCUSED AND PURPOSEFUL. McCAIN, THROUGH NO FAULT OF HIS OWN, ERRATIC, REACTIVE AND MORE OFF MESSAGE THAN ON.

11. ROW OFFICES IN PENNSYLVANIA? YOUR PICKS?

TOM CORBETT, ATTORNEY GENERAL, JACK WAGNER AUDITOR GENERAL, McCORD TREASUER.


12.IF YOU HAD A CHANCE TO SAY ANYTHING TO SARAH PALIN, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

BESIDES SHUT THE **** UP? I’D TAKE HER TO TASK FOR SAYING THAT IT IS UNPATRIOTIC TO VOTE FOR AND PAY FOR HIGHER TAXES. I’D SAY THE TAXES WE DEMOCRATS UNPATRIOTICALLY ADVOCATE AND PAY, BUY THE BODY ARMOUR TO PROTECT HER SON IN THE MIDEAST, AND PAY FOR THE ENVIRONMENTAL SAFEGUARDS THAT HAS KEPT ALASKA CLEAN AND PRISTINE.

13. IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE, HOW YOU WOULD YOU TRACK DOWN AND SMOKE OUT BIN LADEN?

I’D GET TWO DEEJAYS I KNOW, YOU KNOW GUYS THAT DO PARTIES AND WEDDINGS. JOE THOMAS AND GENE WERELY. I’D HAVE SHADOE STEELE, AN ENGINEEERING GENUIS RIG LOUD SPEAKERS ALL THROUGH THE BIN LADEN TARGETED AREA AND 24/7 BLARE THIS SONG.

13 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THat Exeter thing bothers me too. I'm sure she's a nice young lady but doing leg work for a state rep doesn't qualify you to be a Mayor at age 21 just because your late grandpa said so. I hope the Exeter Dems put up a legitimate candidate in the next election.

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so true. If Sarah Palin had run for City Council in Wilkes Barre as a Republican, no one would ever have heard of her! Funny but true insight!

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The row offices in the state are like the forgotten step children. I think you're right though on the three although Corbett has to watch out for the Demo landslide and registration. But we split tickets here anyway.

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Yonki, no one can accuse you of being a died in the wool anything. By my calculations, you voted for Ford, Mondale, McGovern, Bush 41, Dukakis, Dole, Gore and Kerry. And RR. Again, can't peg you. Love to get inside that brain.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love to get inside that brain.
No you don't. It was like the Who's Teenage Wasteland in the 60s, it had to have gotten worse!
YOUR KOMOTION DATE FROM DURYEA.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Palin being booed by the Flyers fans? I mean Philly fans boo everybody but there was a lot of animosity toward Palin in that arena and it had nothing to do with hockey.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You voted for McGovern? That was one heck of an election. You talk about passion. We all knew the guy was going to get nailed but we still voted and believed in him. We voted because of the principle. This guy was smeared big time but I believe could have been a good President.

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THe Beatles of the King? Good move in picking both. I wouldn't know which to decide either. If you are in your 50s, Elvis was the guy you knew as the change agent of rock, and then along come the Fab 4 and replace the King. But when the Fab 4 retire, who comes back with a vengeance? The King. I'd give it a tie like you Yonk. And Koufax vs. Gibson? Neither. Whitey Ford!

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'D take Russell because he was the greatest winner of all time!
College, Olympics and Pro. Sure he had great teamates, but he made em better.
I also respect 2:11's point on Whitey Ford, another true winner! I saw him pitch more than once as a kid and I dont think I ever saw him allow more than 2 runs!
Good choices, Yonks.

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fender or Gibson?

-the philly fans have been an embarrassment for as long as I can remember. Founded by Quakers? "Get back to where you once belonged."

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you find these songs?

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gibson!

Martin or Martin?

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to 1:55- If you read www.philly.com earlier in the week, you would have read about the chance meeting a Philadelphia area couple had in a hotel elevator with the VP-Hopeful, when Sarah was wearing a Rangers Sweather, and was convinced by the chance meeting to swap into an Eagles Jersey. That's why the Flyer fans went nuts. And, about the Exeter Mayor flap, where was the problem when Sobleski's daughter wanted on the Wyo. Area SB? Ask Keith Moss about how important it is to be Mayor.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home