Saturday, February 28, 2009

The LuLac Edition #743, Feb. 28th, 2009


PHOTO INDEX: "THE CLARKSTER" MAKING A STATEMENT ON THE JUDICIAL SCANDAL IN LUZERNE COUNTY.


YONKSTUR MET CLARKSTER


So I’m driving down River Road yesterday morning after picking up some dry cleaning at Valet Cleaners. And I see this guy with a sign waving a blow up doll with stripes on it. I go home and drop the stuff off, get my digital camera and return to the scene. It’s there that I meet a man identifying himself as Clarkster from Dupont. Seems like this gentleman is taking to the streets. When I asked him if this was a protest, he said that it was more of a statement. See Clarkster is outraged about the Judicial scandal. He’s mad as hell about kids being jailed and detained without legal representation. Clarkster likens Judge Mark Ciavarella to “Little Caesar”, using the Courthouse as his personal coliseum and throwing innocent kids to the lions. With the threat of rain coming, I asked Clarkster how long he intended to carry this statement out. As for Friday, he told me he might be changing locations. But in the long run, he’s going to be making a statement every day until “The Judges are cuffed and sent to jail”. When I asked him if he feared for his safety, he replied, “People have said they’ll come after me for what I’m doing, but what they don’t know is I’ll be looking for them”. As we spoke and he posed for a few photos, almost every horn passing us by honked in support of his actions. Clarktster’s solitary note of discord seems to be blossoming into an entire symphony of disgruntled taxpayers and citizens. That truly is a statement worth noting.

SECOND THOUGHTS


In LuLac Edition #742, I took Citizen’s Voice columnist Paul Golias to task about the Crime Watch groups. He said that more people should be involved with Crime Watch. I took it to mean that he was saying the Crime Watch committee needs to do more. I think he was saying that more “regular, average Joe” citizens should be coming out to Crime Watch meetings.When I replayed the tape, he had talked about the low attendance at these meetings and it was clearly his meaning that Crime Watch units needed help from their neighbors. Golias was one of the founding fathers of The Citizen’s Voice newspaper and literally risked his life to keep that newspaper going. When I was in Public Relations he was always ready, willing and able to lend a hand to me and everyone else in the community. So upon further reflection on his remarks (thank the Lord for the rewind button on VCR’s,) (yep, I still use one) I just wanted to clarify and in effect apologize for my hastiness in a rush to judgment on what I thought he said.
Turning to the same edition, I also took State Representative Dan Frankel to task for saying the $13,000 spent on ceremonial bibles for the State Legislature was pocket change compared to the state spending of more than 28 million dollars. My statement still stands that every little bit helps. I did call Representative Frankel a moron, I was wrong there, upon further reflection I just think he’s an idiot.

FACE BOOK


I got myself onto this Face Book thing. Posted some photos on it, still trying to learn how to use it. We’ll keep you posted. I’m at David Yonki/Face Book, and just try to find me in the search engine. One of the coolest things I thought about was a photo I posted there of my grandmother holding me as an infant. She was mezmerized by the big black and white TV set in her living room, looking at it as a modern miracle. Now, 51 years after her death, she's on the world wide web. That would both please and freak out Grandma Pribula all at the same time!


4 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess we should have figured out whether Ciaverella was a looking out for the children's best interests when he let Louis Pagnotti III walk away in 2003 from the kidnapping and carjacking charges! Another case wired ...

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rush Limbaugh gave a speech today and Paul Harvey died. Why couldnt it have been the other way around?

Pete Cassidy

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wondered how Mr Pagnotti got off on that one. There are many many such decisions which need
to be questioned. Perhaps every case these two were involved in during their tenure. Maybe even every case which went thru the Luzerne County courts regardless of who the judge was. Personally I'm for the death penalty for these distinguished jurists and I'm not kidding. You cannot damage or destroy young people and families without paying a severe price! Much attention and success to the protestor pictured. These bastards are in a league with George Banks and insanity is not an issue!

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cassidy must have left his tolerance at the door next to his taste.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home