Monday, April 13, 2009

The LuLac Edition #781, Apr. 13th, 2009


PHOTO INDEX: 13 QUESTIONS LOGO.


13 QUESTIONS

1. SO WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THE NAVY SEALS TAKING OUT THE PIRATES?

GREAT. ABOUT TIME THAT WE SHOWED SOME PRECISION IN TAKING OUT THUGS IN THE WORLD. EVEN THOUGH WE KILLED THREE OF THE PIRATES, THE BOXSCORE SHOULD READ, U.S.A. 10-PIRATES 3.

2. YOU SEEM TO BE TAKING A HARD EDGE ON WALL STREET AND THE MONEY MEN?

DAMN RIGHT. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHERE THE MONEY IS GOING TO GO. THERE SHOULD BE A BUSINESS AUDIT TO MAKE SURE THESE PROJECTS ARE EMPLOYING REAL PEOPLE AND NOT GIVING BONUSES TO FAT CAT CEOS.

3. ONE OF YOUR FELLOW BLOGGERS TOOK SUE HENRY TO TASK DURING THE ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE WHEN SHE COMMENTED ON POTHOLES IN WILKES BARRE. HE SEEMED TO INDICATE THAT SHE WAS WAY OFF BASE AND THERE WAS NOT A POTHOLE PROBLEM IN THE DIAMOND CITY. THOUGHTS?

WELL HE’S WRONG. NOW ON THE SQUARE, NO PROBLEM BUT ONCE YOU GET ON SOME OF THE SIDE STREETS LIKE ROSS STREET OR UNDER THE VIADUCT ON THE WAY TO PENNSYLVANIA BLVD. OR EVEN THAT ROADWAY ITSELF, THEY ARE NOTICEABLE, PLENTIFUL, DEEP AND DANGEROUS.

4. I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE IN THE JUDGE’S RACE NOT VOTING IN A TRADITIONAL MANNER. WILL THAT HAVE AN IMPACT?

HUGE. I TALKED TO SOMEONE AT EASTER WHO SAID A FRIEND OF HIS WAS ONLY VOTING FOR ONLY WOMEN CANDIDATES. ANOTHER THING I’VE HEARD IS THAT PEOPLE ARE VOTING FOR THE ATTORNEYS SPENDING THE LEAST AMOUNT OF MONEY. WITH SUCH A LARGE FIELD, ALL BETS ARE OFF IN THIS PARTICULAR RACE. AND AS I INDICATED EARLIER, IT WON’T TAKE A HUGE MAJORITY VOTE TO WIN ONE OF THE SEATS.

5. HOW’S THE FACEBOOK THING WORKING OUT FOR YOU?

NOT BAD. A FEW PEOPLE I USED TO KNOW FOUND ME ON THE THING. I’M NOT SURE ABOUT THE STUFF PEOPLE SEND ME LIKE A QUIZ OR AN EASTER EGG OR A HUG OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. NOT REAL INTO THAT. BUT IT’S A GOOD VEHICLE TO PROMOTE THE SITE. DON’T LOOK FOR ME THOUGH TO BEAR ANY DEEP DARK SECRETS. THAT’S CRAZY.

6. ARE YOU GETTING INTO THE YOU TUBE VIDEO BUSINESS NOT?

NOPE. JUST BUILDING UP SOME LITTLE PIECES TO KEEP OUT THERE ON THE NET AS BITS OF HISTORY. WILL DEBUT ANOTHER VIDEO SHORT IN A FEW WEEKS.

7. ANY COMMENT ON THE ADDITION OF JOBS AND THE TYPE OF SALARIES BEING OFFERED BY SALLIE MAE?

NOPE.

8. LETTERMAN OR LENO?

I USED TO LOVE LETTERMAN BUT RECOGNIZED THAT MOST PEOPLE IN AMERICA WERE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD AND THEREFORE GRAVITATE RATINGS WISE TO LENO. BUT BOTH ARE GETTING PRETTY TEDIOUS FOR ME RIGHT NOW AND I PREFER TO CATCH THEM ON VIDEO TAPE. THE FAST FORWARD BUTTON CAN BE A GOOD THING.

9. YOU HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF DEFENDING WILK’S LINE UP ON EVERYTHING FROM APPEARANCE TO DICTION. DID YOU EVER WORK FOR THEM?

NEVER. IN THE 70S I TRIED LIKE HELL TO GET A TOP 40 JOB THERE BUT NEVER WAS HIRED. I NEVER EVEN WORKED IN SALES THERE. I JUST THINK IT IS A GOOD RESOURCE OF LOCAL NEWS. I DEFEND THE STAFF AGAINST ANONYMOUS POSTERS WHO TAKE PERSONAL SHOTS AT THEM BECAUSE IT WOULD BE UNFAIR TO USE THEM AS A COMMENT GOBBLER. WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT KEVIN LYNN OR STEVE CORBETT AND MOST OF THE COMMENTERS TRASH THEM. I’LL POST THEM BUT TAKE THEM TO TASK (THE COMMENTERS) IF NEED BE.

10. COKE ZERO OR PEPSI ONE?

NOT THAT PICKY ANYMORE SINCE I CAN NOW HAVE COLD DRINKS AFTER THE CHEMO. BUT I STILL PREFER THOSE ICE COLD TABS.

11. BEST JUDGE IN LU LAND TV COMMERCIALS SO FAR?

BUFALINO, TERRANA AND AMESBURY ON TV. RADIO, DEFINITELY MIKE BLAZICK.

12. DO YOU WATCH ANY REALITY SHOWS?

ONLY ONE. THE CELEBRITY APPRENTICE. THE ONLY OTHER REALITY SHOW I WATCHED WAS JOE MILLIONAIRE. YOU KNOW, MY ENTIRE FREAKING LIFE IS A REALITY SERIES SO WHY BOTHER TO WATCH A SHOW LIKE THAT ON TV WHEN I'M LIVING THAT TYPE OF ROLLER COASTER LIFESTYLE.

13. OKAY MR. FORMER SKIRT CHASER. HERE’S A QUESTION. WOULD YOU RATHER MEET A SEXY FEMALE MOVIE STAR WITH OR WITHOUT HER MAKE UP?

PLEASE. THIS IS LIKE SHOOTING FISH IN A BARREL. SANS MAKE UP. INCREASES THE ODDS.


4 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I plan to vote for the judicial candidates who are the oldest. You see what we got when we elected younger people - a nasty female who had her staff doing personal work for her at home and the other two or three who give new meaning to the word "courtruption". I'll go with the values of the oldest generation any day.

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Done with WILK said...

One solution to WILK --- stop listening. I never would have stopped listening on my own. WILK was such a part of my daily routine. However, on her blog Nancy Kman wrote a post about the sounds of silence. I know it was in regards to facebook and ipods and blackberry's, but I took her advise one step further and gave up WILK.

Since doing so my days are much happier. I did not realize the detrimental impact on my psyche of being bombarded with constant gripping or bitching and moaning all day long. After being away for a few weeks now, it is my observation and experience that WILK and their crew have no redeeming social qualities whatsoever. The facts are they provide no serious commentary, very simplistic insight and very little entertainment. The cadre of the same callers are just as bad. The hosts and callers are genuinely negative in everything they discuss. That negativity can suck the very life out of their listeners, well at least it did so in my case.

Steve Corbett may be the biggest downer on the radio. He is judgmental and self-righteous. He is intent on telling us all how to live our lives. He is rarely if ever positive. All he does is point out what is wrong. He never discusses the great aspects of life and there are so many when you stop listening to how bad everything is. Corbett was fortunate enough to experience many things, but he wants no one else to have such experiences. He yammers on telling us we need to talk about things and learn. Honestly, what is the point? Talk has never been a substitute for action, why doesn't he get off of his ass an run for office? The reason, because then he would have to actually do something. He would then have to be accountable.

The simple fact is that everyone at WILK fits Teddy Roosevelt's famous quote, " "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Corbett who was once a brave man is passing through his final stage of life and is so petrified of death he fears living.

Kevin Lynn who has traveled the world has proven his travels were in fact escapes. The man has run from everything in his life, failing at many endeavors only to again run and hide instead of staying in the battle.

Nancy and Sue play everything safe and sound, never really reaching out and exploring anything.

Their news is informative but it is simply regurgitation of what is reported by other news outlets. They have no reporters in the field. It is just as easy for me to go to local news web site and get the same information. I have found getting it without the inserted opinion and commentary is much more useful.

For my talk fix I listen to ESPN radio or WVIA radio. But mostly I don't listen to anything any more.

Thank you for the advise Nancy, because the sounds of silence allow me to be much more centered and to accomplish much more.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
One solution to WILK --- stop listening.
APPARENTLY YOU DID. AS KEVIN LYNN SAYS, TURN THE STATION OFF IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. SOME HAVE TURNED THEM OFF BUT MANY MORE STAY TUNED.

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done with WILK has left a new comment on your post "The LuLac Edition #781, Apr. 13th, 2009":

Yes Kevin did say stop listening many times, but it was Nancy's post over at the WILK blog that really convinced me of what a waste of time listening to WILK is. It wasn't the fact that I didn't like it listening, it really was Nancy Kman who made me realize how I was wasting my time and energy on WILK. In her last paragraph she mentioned many things and as I was reading it I mentally inserted WILK. My many year talk radio addiction did nothing to improve my lot. It did nothing to improve the lot of the area. It did nothing more to fan the flames of anger and outrage, and to what end? To create more anger and outrage.

I honestly encourage many people to just stop listening for about three weeks.

If at the end of that week you are not in a better mood, in better spirits and all around more relaxed go back and listen. However, I state with confidence most people will realize that the world isn't as negative as the WILK crew wants us to think it is. It does not have to be viewed with the arrogance of Kevin Lynn, the cynicism of Sue Henry, or the depressive,, hopeless outlook of Steve Corbett. Once the constant stoking the flames of discontent are no longer part of your routine you will wonder as I did, why am I doing this to myself?

I am sure you have heard the old adage in news, it doesn't make the front page every time an airliner lands safely, only when one doesn't. Talk radio is not about the positive it is only concerned with the negative. It is not about encourage our better angels, it is about the shouting of our inner demons. Living negativly is not a healthy way to live. Constant negative influences have a negative impact on attitude, which in turn can even have a negative influence on health. I believe Andrew Weil had recommended cutting the negative influences out of one's life.

Thank you for posting my comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home